Chapter 24

The One Where He Felt Rejected

Grace

Great, he's looking at me as if he has never been rejected before.

Suddenly he leaned forward, dangerously close to my ear and whispered "Yes, yes you do."

Honestly, that was already enough to turn me on.

I blushed so bad and Adam noticed it. His eyes were fixed onto my lips. I was about to blurt "kiss me" but I was scared. In the midst of everything, his phone rang, making him curse just before picking up the phone. "Tete, stop calling me. I'm in the middle of something rather important that might never happen again in another century." he listened a little more, and then sighed.

This was when I secretly prayed that technology has never existed. I absolutely hate hand phones. I didn't care if Adam was still on the phone, and I just flawlessly looked away from him like a boss and said "7p.m. I'll go to your place." Before I could listen to Adam's reply, I hailed for the cab. "Wait!! Grace! Aw fuck it." He tried running after the cab, but it was useless.

On my way back home, I realized how much I've missed him after not seeing him for a week. That was all it needed. A week.

I felt concerned for myself. Missing someone isn't good for my sanity. Never have I begged someone to kiss me - before. He just missed his biggest opportunity.

7p.m it is.

******
Why am I even dressing up for this guy? Shouldn't I be over him?

Did our last encounter mean anything whatsoever to him?

And may the panic attack begin.

Heels or no heels? I actually wondered if he still liked me in heels, even if I keep tripping in it. Hair? Let it down? Wow, I have never been so stressed up before in my life!! Thank god all the girls are at Ashley's for dinner.

This only means that I had to tell Ashley the truth.

"Oh my god, you're gonna get laid. Wear something sexy. Please, for the love of god, don't wear heels. You trip in them." She laughed. Haha, funny. Ashley knew I had a few horrible experiences with heels since I was twelve. My mother made me wear some 3 inch heels to a movie with my first ever boyfriend - which didn't have a pretty ending. Instead of kissing me or hugging me after our first date, I swore I heard him sigh of relief. Ashley made a big deal out of the whole situation.

As if I am going to "wear something sexy. I am getting laid."

I looked up at the clock.

6:45p.m and here I am searching frantically for my heels.

*knock knock*

I ran up to the door without looking through the peep hole. "Who the fuck is it? I don't have time for you I--"

"In that case, I'm sorry, I'll leave." Oh shit, why is Adam at my doorstep? Didn't I tell him I'll be there on time? "What? No. Don't. But I thought -" I pulled his sleeve so he wouldn't leave. "It's just.. It's a torture staring at the clock, waiting for it to strike 7. You're too dressed up for the occasion." He said as he scanned me from head to toe. True enough. He was wearing a plain purple tee with the word "REGGAE" with Hawaiian pants, holding a white lily that was radiating a pleasant smell in his left hand.

'Too dressed up'? What did he mean?

"Do you hate my dress? I know. It's the prettiest one I've got." I said shyly. "Silly, I mean you look stunning in the dress. I didn't have a chance to tell you that this little thing we're gonna do later.. Is crazy." He took a step closer to hand the flower to me. "Thanks. So, is this considered.. A date?" I asked. "If you think of it that way, then yes, Miss Dion. This is a date." Adam winked in return.