Chapter 28

The One Where It's a Bachelor/Bachelorette Kind of Night

Jared

I have never been so nervous in my life before. Let's talk about my bachelor party that happened last night. I specifically told Adam, "NO STRIPPERS", and you had no idea what he did. Is he really trying to ruin my life? Why the fuck did I even meet this asshole since fifth grade? God.

Summary of what Adam "Asshole" Levine did last night:

That idiot blindfolded me and decided to bring me to a strip club. Great idea for a bachelor party, according to him. I wanted to cry. I have never looked at any other lady's body since Ashley's, just to prove a point to her that I am totally, madly in love with her. Adam is going to ruin my record and Ashley might just call off the wedding. Speaking of Ashley, the ladies were having their night out... somewhere I was not aware of. I sincerely hope that Grace did not hire some gigolo to serenade my wife.

Wife. I love the sound of it.

I'm deriving from my story again.

So, meanwhile, I was yelling and (almost) crying that I do not want to be in a strip club because I love Ashley and all I received was just wicked laughs from Adam and the guy clan. I was thrown in the backseat quite roughly, making me grunt aloud. I kept quiet, suddenly realizing that they were all laughing at my reactions.

As soon as we reached the supposed "strip club", my heart sank like how Titanic did. They carried me to somewhere really noisy.

They made me wince when I was chained to a seat and I shouted Adam's name, swearing to god that I will, eventually kill him.

This summary is more like me commenting on killing Adam.

Anyway, girls laughing in the background. This is a very bad sign.

And so I began plotting out my letter to Ashley when she find out about me being in a strip club with a bunch of idiots. I'm so sorry, Ashley. I''m so sorry. I've been living with a bunch of assholes for my life but guess what? They're not my friends anymore, specifically Adam. I love you so so so much and please tell me that things aren't over between us. I blame --

"It's your last night being single, dude. Enjoy life," He told me. Please give me the strength not to strangle him.

That was when he removed the blindfold.

*****

We were in the bowling arena. Adam and his band members were laughing at me. The sound of girls giggling were playing ON the PA system. Wow, freaking High Definition because it sounded SO REAL. Maybe it was my mind playing tricks on me. What?

Adam chose bowling. I turned to look at him. He was in the verge of tears from excessive laughing. Mickey was already mimicking me.

"Guys,.. stop it!! No strip clubs!!" he mimicked me and roared in laughter.

Sigh. Boys will be boys.

*****

Ashley

I really hope the guys weren't so hard on Jared.

Anyway, Grace is treating me and the girls on spa. I feel so spoilt!!!!! I'll cry so much when I get married and have kids. Speaking of kids... Jared and I got a little out of the hand the other day when we were, you know. And I'm pretty sure I'm a week late now...

Whatever it is, I am glad Jared is the dad. Should I take a pregnancy test? Why am I freaking out on the eve of my wedding day?

"Ashley, you alright?" asked Grace as she drove me home to her house.

"Y-yeah."

"Liar. Pop it all out to me."

I just... I couldn't bring myself to tell her anything, yet.

"Maybe later. Shove my problems away for now. Let's talk about our activities for the night."

And we did.

The girls and I spent the entire evening watching My Best Friend's Wedding (again, yes. It was my bachelorette movie) with beers. By the time the movie ended, it was only 10 at night and we decided to play the lamest game on earth, Truth or Dare. This time, we got to pop out everyone else's secret. Darkest, deepest secret.

I got the privilege to be the last to answer my question, so I was not stressed out at all to think about my secret.

"Something you guys don't know about me... Hmm.." Jocelyn asked herself. "Grace, now that you're with Adam, I suppose I can tell you that I was interested in him."

Of course, even the dumbest animal on earth could figure that out.

"Well, I wouldn't blame you at all." I responded, winking at Grace. She scowled.

"MY TURN, ASH." Grace insisted. "Yes, I know." "I love Star Wars. I've never told anyone that. Even you, Ash." Good one, Grace. "But that isn't a secret.." Jocelyn admitted. "Fine, fine. I loved Adam since the day I met him. Just too stupid to realize it." Reasonable, but I could've guessed it. "I'm waiting, Ashley. Sorta interested in what you've got to say to us." smiled Grace.

I was next. "Whatever transpires here stays here, right?" I asked. "Yeah. Totally."

God, forgive me. "I did sleep with someone else other than Jared." I wanted to cry instantly. "W-who?" Grace asked.

"You have every right to be mad at me, Grace. Every right. Just don't tell Jared. It'll ruin everything." I pleaded. I wanted to cry a river already.

"With who, Ashley?" I realized that I wasn't gonna like this.

"Adam."