Chapter 23

The One Where They Get a Little Confused

Love  [luhv]   noun, verb, loved, lov·ing.

noun

1. a profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person.

2. a feeling of warm personal attachment or deep affection, as for a parent, child, or friend.

3. sexual passion or desire.

4. a person toward whom love is felt; beloved person; sweetheart.

5. (used in direct address as a term of endearment, affection, or the like): Would you like to see a movie, love?

One week later...

Grace

"Gracie, you look like you just went through hell." said Ashley while I was helping her into her wedding dress.

Of course I went through hell. I couldn't think straight for the entire week. Adam attended one wedding rehearsal and missed the other one. Is he dating someone else? I didn't know why this bothered me so much. I have been staying up every night, hoping and waiting for his phone call before I could fall asleep. In which he didn't call, and that made me even more guilty and sleepless. It's my fault anyway, and I don't blame Adam at all. I told him not to call me. 

Today's wedding rehearsal was the final one, and he wasn't here. Where the hell is he? The entire group of groomsmen WEREN'T there. Have I done the planning at the wrong timing? The deal was to make sure everyone arrived for the final wedding rehearsal. All the bridesmaids were there busy adjusting their hair. I wasn't bothered to speak to Jocelyn when she asked me something. I was worried that maybe Adam asked her out for a date, which probably resulted in you know what. 

I finally found the nerve to talk to Ashley about that happened through text. She screamed and then squealed when I told her that Adam and I spent a night together. Still awfully embarrassed by it yet I've been longing for his touch for the entire week. 

Jared smiled nervously at me and I was starting to get worried. The entire rehearsal was waiting for them!! I reluctantly picked up my phone and dialed Adam's number. Someone else picked up the phone. I secretly thanked god that it wasn't Adam. 

"Hello?" I chirped.

"Hi, miss...?" "Miss Dion. Can I speak to Mr. Levine?" I almost added the word 'asshole'. "We're outside the chapel. Sorry for being late." Whoever this guy is, he had a really nice voice. 

'Boom' and the doors were flung open. Excuse me, that is a little rude. It was Adam and the groomsmen. I looked away heartlessly from Adam. "Hey fuckhead, you're late." mocked Jared. Thank you, Jared. "Better late than never." He took his position opposite me, blinking aimlessly at me. He did look a little haggard than usual, but his hair was combed neatly. Adam had dark eye rings around his eyes. 

Let's sum up on the things I've been doing for the past one week.

1. Eat

2. Sleep

3. Work on the wedding, run some errands.