Chapter 30

The One Where There Might Be a Wedding

The wedding day...

Grace

I was crying all night and picturing Adam and Ashley together. How he kissed her, how he made love to her... I cried like a bitch. Who wouldn't? I've always been jealous about Ashley being (okay, self esteem takes a plunge downwards) more prettier, smarter, etcetera. She could be better than me in bed for all I know. Ashley tried calling me for at least a million times and I just didn't bother to answer it. Well, look at the bright side. She, is getting married tomorrow. To Jared. Her future husband, who has no idea that he's sleeping with a... whore. A cheater.

And of course, my best friend.

It felt like someone stole my tacos. Ashley stole my tacos. My favorite kind of tacos. I haven't seen anyone all morning, and I certainly didn't feel like attending my best friend's wedding. I couldn't see Jared marrying a liar like her.

All I needed was a date. I picked up my cell, and had no choice but to dial his number.

"Hello...?"

"Hi, can you be my date to Ashley's wedding? Adam and I broke up..."

"Anything for you, sweetheart."

I didn't know whether to feel guilty about it, but I went on with it. Creepy much. The only reason why I decided to call him was because I had to dance with someone. No way I was gonna be left back at the table, alone. That would be too embarrassing for me.

The only question I'm left with is, what was I going to do about Adam and Ashley? Jared deserves nothing but the truth.

I sent him a text message.

Jared, meet me outside the toilet of the chapel before we start ushering people. Please. - G.D

I hate Adam. I really, really do. In fact, I'm crying at the moment while I was tying up my hair into a bun. I didn't have the heart to look pretty at all.

******

10.30a.m., 30 minutes to the wedding.

"You wanted to see me?" Asked Jared. He looked wonderful, dressed in his suit and maroon colored bowtie which I assumed Adam chose for him. It had to be maroon, what a freak.

"Yeah. I just wanted to let you know that there might be a possibility that Ashley and Adam slept together once before. And she hid it away from you."

"What.. ? Huh...?"

"It's not true, Jared. You know that." Said a familiar voice from behind me that belonged to Adam. Ashley was next to Adam, sobbing. Now this is awkward. Confrontations, I mean.

"I'm sorry, am I missing something here? Did you touch my wife?" Barked Jared as he took a step forward to Adam. "I wouldn't, I swear. You should have my trust by now. She thought it was me and her instead back on New Year's Eve. Remember? You had sex with her. She thought it was me. That's all. I never touched her that night because all I wanted to do was to tell Grace how much I loved her but instead it turned out to be a disaster!!!!"

"Jared, don't hate me." Ashley said with a tiny voice, still holding back tears.

Jared looked mad, alright. But the question he asked next made me want to vaporize from the hall immediately.

"Was I good?" Jared smirked. Adam and I looked at each other, thinking the same thing. We need to get out of here.

"The best." Ashley started bursting into laughters and ran into Jared's arms, kissing him without haste. Okay, starting to be a little X - rated already...