Part 19

Harry had just finished dressing when his phone chirped, indicating a new text message. Seeing it was from management, he opened it to find an audio file attached.

"Harry, we have located the requested message. Please find attached."

As he walked into the living room he heard the other phones in the room give  similar alert. Liam was the first to listen to his message. Smiling at something Louis had said, Liam's face quickly paled as he listened.

Louis frowned and quickly listened to the message on his phone. He sat down heavily as he listened to Liz's tearful message, unable to even lower the phone when it was over.

Harry worriedly picked up his phones. It took a moment for Harry to recognize Liz's voice on the message. She sounded very weak, and he strained to hear her. She rambled for moment, then said her peace and ended the call.

No one in the room spoke. Harry felt like he had been punched in the stomach, and his eyes burned with tears.

He quickly strode across the room and pulled Liam and Louis into a group embrace. He knew they would all need more than a few moments to process what they had heard.

And he knew he had to see Liz.

He called Niall and grabbed his keys. A gasp from Louis made him look up.

Liam and Louis were using the laptop, and they clearly were looking at something disturbing.

"What?" he asked.

"Ummm, do you check Facebook?" Louis asked carefully.

"No" Harry said impatiently " I had to close my account during X- Factor. Why?"

" You should see this before we go mate" Liam said, turning the screen towards Harry. It was Liz's Facebooks page. On her profile page was a collage of photos. The photos were a timeline of the past year, and they documented her battle with cancer. Liz in a hospital, smiling in a blue chair. Liz half-smiling , holding handfuls of hair.  Liz with no hair, her face pale and drawn.  Liz asleep on her couch, her bare head peaking out of a mountain of blankets and an IV hanging from a floor lamp. 

Harry's jaw was clenched so hard it ached. "Let's go" he said, heading out to the parking garage.

Louis quickly caught up with him.

"You are not driving mate" Luis said, grabbing the keys out of his hand. "You are way to upset."

"Like you are any better?" Harry barked.

"No one is in any condition to drive, and we certainly won't be when we get there" Liam advised, pulling on a jacket. "The car is waiting downstairs."

While they rode to the hospital, Harry messaged Niall to find somewhere private and listen to his messages.