Chapter 63

I parked outside of the familiar frat house and was surprised that this small "kickback" had music blaring out of the windows and drunken people dancing and making out in the front yard. I rolled my eyes as I took my keys out of the car. If it wasn't for Harry wanting to go I would've stayed home tonight, but I would tough it out for him. 

I wore a cropped white tank top that ended right above my belly button with a blue and white flannel over it and high-waisted jeans that covered most of my lower stomach. I dressed more casual than usual, because I had the impression that this was a small get together. Where people would be sipping on beers; probably messing around with ouija boards, playing stupid party games, or just talking, but of course it had to be a giant drunken mess as always.

I looked over at Harry who was in the passenger seat waiting for me to open my door. 

"We can stay home if you want." He simply stated, as if he knew I didn't want to be here right now.

"No, it's alright. Let's go," I offered a small smile.

We stepped out of the car making our way inside. I opened the large door of the house and was greeted with that same old smell. I was one hundred percent used to this weird smelling mixture of marijuana and booze, and I don't know if that's a good thing or not.

"Mackenzie! You guys came!" Quinn called out and I smiled, shoving my hands loosely in my pockets and walking up to her.

She walked up to me, bottle of tequila in hand, and greeted Harry and I. 

"Mackenzie let's go grab some drinks." She suggested.

"I'm staying sober remember." I frowned. "Designated driver."

"Right," She sighed. "Ginger ale?"

I shrugged, nodding in response. 

"I'm gonna go talk with the guys." Harry whispered in my ear over the music, with his hand resting over the small of my back.

"Okay, I'll meet up with you after I get my drinks." I decided.

I followed Quinn to the kitchen area and watched as she slowly poured me  a cup of ginger ale soda.

"Where's Cristiano?" I asked out of curiosity, after she handed me my drink. I wasn't fond of him after I visited Quinn's dorm room that one morning, and I didn't really wanna see him.

"I'm actually not sure. I think he went to the bathroom." She shrugged, drinking straight out of her tequila bottle. "We always talk about Cris. Let's go talk to Harry." 

"Really?" I asked in disbelief. "You wanna talk to Harry?"

"What's the big deal? Let's go already."

I was surprised because I had thought she despised Harry, but I didn't want to have her make second thoughts, so I just went with it and we walked over to where Harry's group was sat. As we made our way to the couch where the guys were, I noticed Harry chain-smoking a joint, which kinda bothered me in a weird way. I guess I was still protective over him, and seeing him smoke worried me. 

I sat in the empty space near him on the couch, snatching the joint out of his hand and taking a hit myself, not even noticing what I was doing as I inhaled and exhaled the smoke sharply.

"I thought you were staying sober tonight?" He questioned with a chuckle.

"Damn it." I rolled my eyes at myself, I had already forgotten about not wanting to drink or smoke tonight. I passed the joint to Quinn who was chuckling at the fact that I had already broken my own rules.