Chapter 62

It was December 19th, the day of Secret Santa. I had to give Liam a present today. I was simply going to give him an old beanie that was Harry's but I pretended that it was mine. It sucked but it was something. 

I walked down the sidewalk, trying to prepare myself for how awkward this class would be without Quinn. I would sit with Harry and Liam, but I knew it wouldn't feel the same.

Ever since I had yelled at her at the party she had changed even more. She started smoking, wearing more edgy clothing, partying even more. I kept wondering if I was the reason for this change, or maybe she had just been spending too much time with her stoner boyfriend. I figured it was a little bit of both, I had made her mad and her boyfriend had pushed her to change her style and how she acted.

This time, I was worried about her. I didn't want her to hurt herself by smoking cigarettes and I knew Cristiano wasn't right for her. Yet I couldn't say anything because I would be a world class hypocrite if I did. I had yelled at her for thinking Harry wasn't right for me, if I did the same to her I would look like an idiot. It was simply too late for me to step in and say something, and it broke my heart to watch her wither with him. She had always been a party girl who was obsessed with the idea of exotic, different types of love; but being with Cristiano made her loose a bit of herself. She was turning into a low life stoner, who only did drugs to make it through the week. I didn't want her bubbly personality to mold into something so negative. 

I couldn't do anything to help, she would push me away, which hurt me the most.

I walked into class, with the beanie in my backpack. I sat in our normal seating while Quinn sat in the front of the classroom with Cristiano, of course. I ended up switching to sit with Harry and Liam instead of by myself.

The professor walked in and told us to form a large circle in the middle of the room. We did as we were told and I sat comfortably next to Liam. Quinn was across the circle, and I fought not to look at her. I didn't want to make things weird.

As the professor waited for us to regroup he stood on a chair, pinning a mistletoe to the wall. 

"This is the high five mistletoe, if two people get under it you have to high five." He smiled, and then walked over to the circle, pulling up a chair.

"Alright, starting with ....... Quinn. Share your present and then discuss how it's significant. Hugs are mandatory." The teacher announced.

"My secret santa was Sofia. I got her some of my perfume." Quinn stood to her feet, walking across the room to give Sofia her present they exchanged thank yous, your welcomes, and eventually a hug before Quinn returned to her spot.

"Why is that present important?"

"It was the first perfume bottle I bought in eighth grade." She shrugged.

"Alright. Sofia show yours."

She nodded before sharing hers. "My secret santa was Harry, and I got him a journal I've had for a while."

She stood and handed Harry the empty book and Harry muttered a thanks as she walked away. "It's significant because I've written a few entries, but the rest is for him to keep." They hugged quickly before she stepped away.

I smiled over at Harry watching him disappointed, glaring down at her bright pink sparkly notebook which had the letter 'S' sequined onto it. I tried not to laugh as he looked at the present unamused. He set it aside before revealing who his was.

"My secret santa was Mackenzie, and I got her my first guitar pick attached to a necklace," He bit his lip, looking over at me.

My face immediately lit up as I heard him say it was me and I stood, ready to receive what he had gotten me. My eyes trailed over to Quinn subconsciously. I watched as she rolled her eyes and sunk farther in her seat. Not even Quinn could ruin my mood as Harry made his way over to me unhooking the necklace.