Chapter Eleven

If one day you wake up and I'm not here, don't cry, don't grieve. Don't write paragraphs about how much you loved me, just because you might have been there in my darkest hours. Because even then, you should continue on.

Her eyes slowly fluttered open to a generic sight. The host club was going on through a doorway, and getting up and walking closer, she saw everything as it should be in a host club. Flirting, laughing, eating, blushing. And then him.

He was laughing as Annaisha talked to him, but he seemed too worried to be there, in that moment, truly. Her heart broke a little at the sight, the dependency she'd brought upon him. He was never meant to be brought into this.

He was never meant to take away her spot as that serious, cold-hearted child who knew better than to let anyone in.

Footsteps resounded in the quiet of the storage room, and a small, dainty hand found her shoulder. She looked down to see Sute, a grim expression over her face.

"You can save him, you know." Teru achknowledged her by saying nothing, looking back. "All you have to do is forget everything."

Teru let her head fall before raising it up again, pulling away, and never looking back. "There's no going back to that. Not now, not ever. I gave that up, and you know that." Then she pulled the doors wide open, smiling as she walked in like she owned the place.

"The awesome Teru is here!"

Their eyes met in a heated glance, one tear filled and the other reflecting the courage he shouldn't have had for them.

"Make them pity forgetting us." He finished writing, looking up to her as her mouth drew open with a heavy breath, trying to flush away the heft of her troubles.

Of course, she was unable to, finally shaking her head so violently, refusing his compassion once again.

"But with you, Akira." She jumped forward, hugging him, knocking him down and the gun away. "Akira, I-I'm so-so..."

"I know, Teru." She looked up at him, tears falling as he smiled, tears falling from his own.

She forced her own smile, collapsing on him so that her ear was over his heart and resting there. It thumped wildly, a sensation she liked, approved of. Something she wanted to happen more often. She wrapped her arms around his neck, and it faltered a beat in his embarrassment.

"From now on, let's do everything together, Akira. Let's make sure we have the time of our lives so you'll never..."

"So we'll never die, Teru."

She laughed fakely. "Exactly!"

That was only the first time she faked her smile...

Make them pity forgetting me, Akira.