Love's immortal, and then you can't even die. Yeah, I should be so lucky.

Preview - EJ's POV

Ciel Celeste Belaire. Her name roughly means "heavenly." And it's proof that names have nothing to do with personality.

At best they're misleading. At worst...well, what's worse than an angel turning out to be a demon?

Here's an exercise for you: imagine the person you're in love with. And if you don't have one, imagine one. You think they're wonderful and perfect despite their flaws, and you're so in love with them you can't remember what life was like before them. You can't imagine what life would be like without them. It's like they hung the stars and the moon and the sun in the sky just to make your world brighter. Better.

Now imagine the worst thing that person could ever do to you. The deepest level of betrayal your brain could possibly conceive. The insurmountable heartbreak that would follow, insuring that you would never open yourself up to be loved by anyone ever again. You would never love anyone ever again. Not anyone, and especially not them.

But wait, there's more! Imagine that you have to see them every. Single. Day. They literally haunt you. It's impossible for you to ignore them, and all your efforts to make them leave are fruitless. There's no escaping from them: nowhere to hide that they can't see you, nowhere to run that they can't find you, nowhere to exist that they won't follow you.

Horrible, right? A completely awful scenario, with that being the biggest understatement in universal history. Maybe you've never lived that scenario, and maybe you have. Maybe you're living it right now. But whatever totally fucked up situation you imagined is still an undefinable amount of times preferable to mine. And I know this because any situation would be preferable to mine.

You probably don't believe me, but that's because your (hopefully) hypothetical situation lacks one vital detail that mine includes. Take all the terribleness of what this person did and add to it this single fact:

You're still in love with them.

And nothing can change that. Nothing.

I mean, they've already done the worst thing you could ever imagine them doing to you...so wouldn't you be hating them now?