In Literature class I strike up a converation with Lindsay. We end up having a fun conversation. She tells me about where she used to grow up and how she went home for the weekend, first time all year. I hadn't been home since I left, I should probably call my mom and plan a visit.

"Would you want to go get lunch?" I ask standing up as we're dismissed. Lindsay and I have never hung out outside of the classroom. She smiles at my offer and eagerly accepts.

"I'd love to!"

"Great! Let's go get some food." I smile as we walk towards my car. She's taller than me, more muscular too. I believe she told me she played volleyball. "How's... volleyball season going?" I ask as we climb into my car.

"Great! We're 4-2 so far in our season." She exclaims with pride.

"That's great!" At least I think it is. I didn't know much about volleyball, but I appreciated the sport. I appreciate anyone who was taking part in any activity, dedicating time and work. She continues to explain volleyball and her team members to me as we reach the café.

Taking a seat outside in the perfect weather she is still talking. I find it humorous, she was shy in class, maybe she just needed to know I wanted to talk to her. I could be pretty shy myself if I didn't think someone liked me.

"So you're friends with that girl... Sarah right?" My eyes perk up, she knew Sarah? Oh gosh, I hope it's under good circumstance, though when is it ever bad circumstances with Sarah?

"Yeah." I nod with a smile.

"She's so lucky to be talking to Niall." Lindsay sighs. "I would give anything to meet one of those frat boys." She admits. I think for a moment about the frat house full of boys with accents. I wonder how many had accents, I wonder how many were from out of the country?

"Why don't you? Meet one of those frat boys?" I glance over the menu, settling on a turkey sandwich. In the back of my mind I hear him mocking me for choosing the most typical and boring thing on my menu.

"Oh I could never. I'm not popular enough or social enough." She is blushing as she looks at her menu.

"You seem social to me." I offer a warm smile, which she notices.

"Well that's because you're nice, easy to talk to, you're not some cute guy with an accent." She points out. The waiter takes our order but I resume our conversation as soon as she walks away.

"They're not as intimidating as you think." Well all except Zayn. If I hadn't spent that one night with him I would be intimidated by his good looks, bad attitude and assortment of tattoos. "Next time I hang out with them I'll invite you." I declare, not really offering her.

"Oh, no-no you don't-" She's flustered as she plays with her hair now.

"No debating it! They're really nice, they love meeting new people." I assure her. She purses her lips and a small smile grows.

"If you say so." I knew she wanted to, so it was easy for her to give into it.

"So tell me more about yourself Lindsay. Volleyball, smart, nice, social but shy?" I laugh making her smile.

"Not much to me." She admits. "I mean I had my rough days in high school but got my act together when I got caught drinking at a party." I'm surprised by this, I didn't expect her to be a partier. "I know." She reads my expression. "I was shy in high school but I liked to do wild things." She laughs lightly.

"Wow, I would have never guessed."

"Which is good when you're trying to hide it." She had a point there. I would never expect her to anything bad, which for a teenage girl is good. "So do you have any wild stories?" She asks with open eyes.