20

~Ariel's POV~

I walked to the field in the backyard, immediately spotting people running laps.

I ran up to them, already out of breath. And this is why I need to work out.

"Hey, Blake." I walked up to him and he stopped running.

"I'm gonna start training too."

"Have you, um... got permission from the alpha?"

"Yup." I grinned widely. "Now let's do this!"

This is gonna be easy.

☆☆☆

This is so not easy.

I lay on the grass my arms spread out. My legs were burning and I was breathing heavily.

Maybe I'll just lie down here for a while. Yeah. That seems like a good idea.

☆☆☆

When I woke up I was floating.

Well, not really.

Ajax was carrying me up to the room. I can't believe I fell asleep in the middle of the field!

I looked up at elmo through my lashes.

"Hi." I whispered. I had no idea what time it is but it looks like it's dark.

Ajax looked down and chuckled softly, his chest vibrating against me. "Hi." He whispered back.

"You know that I can walk right?"

"I know you're tired, kitten. You passed out in the middle of the field."

A faint blush covered my cheeks.

Why do I have to be so embarrassing?

☆☆☆

The next morning, I was ready to train again.

Not.

My back still hurt from yesterday and my arms and legs still ached.

"You're not training today." Ajax informed after I got out of the shower.

The warm water had helped me relax my muscles but they were still quite sore.

"Okay." I agreed immediately, plopping down on the bed.

I dried my hair a little bit with the towel and brushed it, getting all the tangles out.

"You're coming with me." Elmo said, making his way over to me.

He entertwined our fingers and we walked together downstairs.

"Where are we going?" I asked, jumping over the last step.

"We're going for a run." Ajax replied. I guess he saw my face because he chuckled and added, "I'll be running, you won't."

I blushed deeply.

Ajax pressed a soft kiss to my cheek as we went out the backdoor.

"Don't let go. I don't want you getting hurt." He warned.

"I won't." I got on his back.

There was a loud crack and the beautiful wolf was under me. I rubbed my hands under his head and he growled approvingly.

I held on tightly just like last time and Ajax ran. I smiled, closing my eyes shut. The wind blew through my hair. It was an amazing feeling.

I let go of his back and put my arms out to the side. Totally stupid idea.

Ajax came to a stop and I went flying into the air, landing with a thump.

"Ariel! Are you okay? I didn't mean to do that. I am so sor-"

"That. Was. Awesome!" I cut him off, cheering.

Ajax had shifted and changed into some pants.

"Are you hurt?" Ajax asked, holding my face in his hands and searching my face. "I swear if you're hurt I'm never gonna forgive myself. I-"

"Ajax!" I cut him off for the second time. I looked into his beautiful grey eyes. "I'm fine."

I leaned up and pressed my lips to his. He kissed back softly and pulled away, resting his forehead on my own.

"Good. Come on, I wanna show you something." Ajax stood up quickly, pulling me up with him.

He entertwined our fingers together and started walking in some random direction.

I stuck to his side, not wanting to get lost. I was really good at that.

"It's behind here." Ajax said, pushing some leaves out of the way with his free hand.

I looked at the sight in front of me and gasped.

It was beautiful.

There was a waterfall and everything was bright and green. I could here birds chirping everywhere.

"It's so beautiful." I breathed, still looking around.

"Yeah, it is." Ajax agreed.

I looked over at him to see that he was already staring at me. A dark blush coated my cheeks.

Ajax cupped my face with his hand and stared into my eyes.

"You're so beautiful." He breathed out.

"Thanks. You too." I replied dumbly. I face palmed when I realized what I just said.

Ajax chuckled. He leaned in pulling me in for a kiss.

I kissed him back, my mind going blank. All I could think of was how soft his lips were.

I realized then that I am so lucky.