14

~Ariel's POV~

A group had started to form around Ajax, the dude and myself. And because it was a public beach, there were a lot of humans here.

Not that I could tell them apart.

"WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!" Ajax yelled at him, his voice loud and full of power. All the people in the place now had their attention on us.

Even though I didn't like swearing, it was hot coming from Ajax. Like, really hot.

"N-nothing I- please don't k-kill me!" The dude whimpered. Poor dude, you can't really help it when there's the hulk towering over you and could probably kill you any second.

Ajax was furious. He had on a death stare and if looks could kill, we'll all be dead.

"YOU DON'T TOUCH MY GIRL AGAIN!" Ajax bellowed. Butterflies erupted in my stomach when he said 'My girl'.

Ajax pulled his arm back and plunged it right in the guy's stomach. He did this repeatedly and everyone was just too shocked or scared to do anything.

I shook my head trying to get the 'Ajax is so hot when he's mad!' thoughts out of my head and trying to replace them with 'I really need to save that guy who could die any second now' thoughts.

"Elmo!" I tried yelling but he kept beating the guy up. "Stop! He's gonna die!" He didn't even look my way.

"Ajax!" I screamed, finally getting his attention. He stopped as if he just realized I was there.

In a flash, he had me in his arms and we were back on the beach. He silently handed me my dress and he slipped on his shirt.

I held his hand all the way back to the house.

He was trembling with fury. I could tell he was still super mad. His perfect eyebrows were scrunched up and he didn't talk the whole way back.

Once we were back in the room, Ajax wrapped me in a tight hug, anger still radiating off him.

I hugged him back just as tightly and we stayed silent for a while.

"I'm sorry." He whispered after a while. He nuzzled his face in my neck.

"Hm."

"It'a just, that guy touched you and I got so angry. No other man is allowed to touch you." Ajax stated, playing with my hair.

I sighed. "It's fine." I answered. Even though our day at the beach was kind of ruined.

"Are you mad?" Ajax asked softly.

Honestly, I wasn't mad. I mean, how could I be when I could practically feel his abs right now. It's kind of distracting. I could picture myself running my hands across-

"Ariel?" Ajax asked, pulling away and looking at me. I liked the way my name rolled of his tongue.

"No. It was hot." I blurt out before I could stop myself.

Ajax smirked. Great way to burst his ego.

He pulled me into his chest again, inhaling me. Wait, IS HE SNIFFING ME?

"Are you, um, sniffing me?" I asked.

"You smell really good." He mumbled against my neck, his lips barely brushing against my skin, making me shiver slightly.

Maybe it's a werewolf thing?

☆☆☆

"Soo. How did it go?" Katie asked, wiggling her eyebrows. She kicked her feet up on the couch. It's literally the best couch I've ever sat on.

We just ate dinner and we were in the living room. I'm pretty sure his place has way more than three living rooms.

"What?" I asked, acting dumb. I obviously knew she was talking about our 'date'. Was it a date? I don't know. Probably, because because we're meant to be soulmates and stuff.

"Oh you know. Did you have sex?" Katie asked, getting straight to the point.

"WHAT!?" I nearly did a spit-take with my own spit. Okay that's gross.

Katie just shrugged, "I've always wanted to be an aunty."

I shook my head, trying to take out any dirty images of Ajax. Not that there were any, or anything. Nope.

"We haven't even kissed yet!" I whisper-shouted so that Ajax couldn't hear me, even though he was nowhere near us. Still, he's a werewolf.

"Really?!" Katie's eyebrows shot up. "That must be really hard for his wolf. Soon, he won't be able to control himself and he'll mark you."

"Mark me?" I repeated.

"Yeah. Mates mark each other to strengthen the bond." Katie explained, turning on the tv.

I nodded. This was a lot of information for me.

"Then he'll present you to the pack in a few weeks." Katie continued.

PRESENT ME TO THE PACK?! Woah woah. Hold up! If the pack was in any way similar to Jessica, I'm probably gonna run away. Yup. That's the plan.

They'll think that I'm not strong enough to be their leader and I totally agree with them. One minute I was working in a pizza parlor and the next, I'm becoming a Luna for a werewolf pack.

How messed up is that?