Chapter Five: My Hero

After yelling at Yato one last time, I turned to the Shrine and waddled my way to it.

I was out of breath from the running and yelling, still under the rapid fire of embarrasment, not to mention shock from hearing Yukine actually laugh because of me.

Although, I doubt one little laugh is all it takes to blow over the little talk we had earlier. I wash the dirtied dishes with the slowest pace I could, hoping that I'd be able to forget that moment.

Sighing rather disappointingly, I dry off my hands on the little apron I wore. I hear a little squeak that was nearly inaudible if it weren't for my prolonged silence.

Caring less of the sound I began to search the floor with a slight blush that still remained from earlier. Seeing nothing I walked my way to the attic.

Loud thuds of footsteps barrelled in the room I had just left. A little startled and doing what most would do,"Hello?"....No answer.

Not remembering most of my previous life, I only knew that it was best to leave the house and not investigate.

I creeped along the walls. Staying calm and quiet, I peeked the corner and Ran outside without a second thought.

I looked to the Sakura tree and indeed found Yato and Yukine talking on an upper branch. I could only stare and think of who may be in the house.

Hiyori? No. She has a big test today.
Lady Kofuko?! No, she's opening vents outside of town. And it can't be her Regailia because he is what she uses to open them...

That's all the people I know that would possibly be here. I'm still staring ahead looking straight at Yato and Yukine.

Tension rising higher by the second my voice completely shuts down.

I can only stare. I need to tell them or at least ask them if they saw anybody enter the house. No that's stupid. They would be down here if they saw anyone suspicious!

Yukine breaks eye contact with Yato and spots me staring. He looks at me for a few seconds. It felt like hours before he noticed the slight fear in my eyes.

Yukine quickly informs Yato and they both hop down unscathed. Yato runs up to me first,"What's wrong (Y/N)?!" I felt better to be near them and mumbled,"D-Did you guys happen t-to see someone go inside?"

Yato looks to Yukine for some kind of answer. After a quick 'No' in reply, I shook in fear of who or what may be in the shrine.

IS IT A GHOST?!

OR A ROBBER?!

The thoughts terrified me if I chose to stay inside.

"Sekki," Yukine transformed into the two blades with the ribbon-like covering flowing outward,"(Y/N) stay behind me and be ready to be called." I nodded shakily and his behind Yato. We made our way back into the home as Yato asked me a series of questions,

"Where did you see them?"

"Well I didn't see it, rather I heard it and snuck out."

"She's probably being delusional Yato. This is a complete waste of time!"

"I heard it as clear as anything! I am not being delusional, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!" I retort. We began to bicker over my Sanity for quite a bit. Yato looking like he died a little inside.

Yato quickly hushes our bickering and pushed me on. I quickly felt the fear begin to come back after losing it in the small little 'fight' with Yukine.

"Master Yato. D-do you think it's a ghost?" I clung onto the back of his jacket. Yato chuckled and allowed Yukine to speak for him,

"(Y/N), you dense idiot. You and I are practically ghosts! And phantoms can't get past the barrier of the shrine."