Chapter Four: Getting better

Very quickly before I start, and you should pay attention reader! I know you'll skip this part because I always do. The song up above does not belong to me what-so-ever! In the past I had a video removed in my other book. So Noragami and the charcters in here belong to their respective owners,besides the reader themselves and the characters I make up for plot convenience.
Please do know I am not fully caught up on Noragami Arigato, so if there are errors I apologize. I am trying to find the time to really catch up on it, and when I do I will immediately fix any errors.
Now you may continue, and please enjoy!

(-Y/N's POV-)

It's been a little over a week or so since our exercise incident. Yukine hasn't fully opened up to me,  but it takes time for these things.

Sometimes I feel like I don't want to be his friend. It seems so unnatural. All I can do is lay on the floor staring up at the cieling; Contemplating why I feel such a strange force to befriend him, yet I find this unnerving.

"Hey, (Y/N)~chan!" I hear Kofuko's Bubbly tune of a voice scream in my ear. I never jumped so high in my life! I whipped around to see her cheery smile erupt across her face.

"L- lady Kofuko! When did you get here?!"

"About 3 minutes and 12 seconds ago!" She giggled jokingly.

"O-oh. Well Lady Kofuko, do you need me to do something? I feel like a slob laying here doing nothing!"

'That's a lie.' I thought to myself, I ignored it and waited for her answer.

"Hmmm, I think Yukine needs help cleaning the front yard.

" Alright! I mean we wouldn't want him pushing himself with that nasty wound!" I scream.

Lady Kofuko seemed like a ghost had walked before her. She breaks out of trance and has a giggle fit. I am awfully confused on what she laughing at, but my guess is it's me.

"Oh, I'm sorry but that's the first time I heard you yell! Now you better hurry onto Yukine!" Kofuko then ran off to bug Yato.

          {~ TIMESKIP~}
     [-Front of the shrine-]
          (-Yukine's Pov-)

"Damn!" I can't help but stop and check out my wound.

"It looks like you could use some help!" A voice squeaked innocently. I turn my head in their direction. It was her. If all people it was (Y/N).

"I'm fine." My tone came out more of as a warning.

'I need to work on keeping my emotions in check.' I told myself.

As I break from my thoughts, I notice she had grabbed the broom from me and began sweeping.

"What does,'I am fine' mean to you? Give the broom back-"

"No."

I freeze out of, well. Shock. This is the first time I've heard her deny someone's request so openly. Usually she'd ignore it as if she didn't hear anyone.

"What do you mean no?-"

"I mean, NO. Your pushing yourself Yukine. And I don't want you to be hurt even more than you already are." She looks up at my gaze with her soft (E/C) eyes.

I felt my heart skip a beat.
'Quit it Yukine! She's just a stupid back-up Regailia!'
She's smiling now. What is with her?

(-Y/N's Pov-)

'What is with me? I can't stop smiling. I just keep staring into his glowing amber eyes.'

I sharply turn and continue sweeping.

"It wouldn't matter if you thought I was the scum of the earth Yukine. We are stuck with Yato whether we like it or not. And That means we protect him with the one chance at life he has blessed us with...But I plan on keeping Yato and you safe. I promise you I won't let you get hurt like that again. And please remember that."

'WHAT AM I SAYING?! OH MY GOD MAKE IT STOP! IT'S STILL GOING! PLEASE, STOP!'

I can hear Yukine turn and walk in the other direction. Seeminly fuming due to his stomping feet. I slightly turn to see him stomping away and heading for the Sakura tree.

"Huh?" I feel my face. "I feel like an oven! Why did I say all of those things?!" I whine.

"Oooo! Look at my wittle girl! She's got the Hots for the Bad-Boy Blondie!"

....I know that voice too well.

"M-master Yato! What are you doing here?!" My face then fuses with a tomato, creating the all too familiar blushing face.

"I live here! Now tell me when did you become so lovey dovey? That little Protecting-Speech was so romantic!" Yato then began squeezing me into a hug and ruffling my (H/C), (H/L) hair.

My blush couldn't have gotten worse than this. I felt the need to say words but only squeaks or stutters came out.

I attempt to avoid his question,"W-wow, the Sakura tree looks b-beautiful today!..." I began to ramble on the tree and what I like about it-
"Yukinecompletesthe wholebeautyofit,right?-"
"Y-yeah!-Wait-"
It was too late he was on the floor rolling. Sweeping the floor with his body.

That was my final straw. I lifted the broom and started wacking him. He shot up quickly and ran with me behind him yelling.

He then circled the Sakura tree screaming for Yukine to help. I notice Yukine looks down from where he was scaling up the tree and starts cracking up. I push myself to run faster and continue wacking Yato.

Yato then drops on him knees and bows to me. "FORGIVE ME (Y/N)-CHAN! I DIDN'T MEAN TO TEASE YOU! IF YOU KILL ME YOU'LL NEVER GET MY BLESSING TO MARRY Y-" I wack him knowing what he was going to say. I throw my broom down and began screaming at him. Yukine never ceased his laughter. And Yato tried at an escape.

This life might not be the most peaceful, but it's the most entertaining.

Wow over 1000 words. Anyways thanks for the patience on this update! And be sure to check out my other books. And Follow me On Instagram to see what I'm up to most the time! And my twitter! @Grotesque_Toaster!-Insta
@Grotesque_Toast -twitter
Goodbye and have a
fantastical day! ^-^