Chapter 1: And So it begins...

[-Yato's POV-]

Yukine and I had just finish the last job for today and decided to head back home. Yukine of course complained about how the job wasn't even important.

"What kind of God goes around for walking dogs?! And for what 5 yen?!" I ignore Yukine and look at the 5 yen we got from the dog walking.

"Hey Yato, Yukine wait up!" A female voice calls out. We both stop in our tracks and turn. "Hiyori! Why are you still out at this time?" Yukine seemed worried.

"I went to cram school with my friends. We got out later than expected. And I wanted to talk to Yato for a bit. It's important, sorry Yukine." She gave him a cute closed eyed smile. Yukine blushed and looked at me to see my answer.

"Yukine, you head back to the shrine. I'll meet you there once we're done. Alright?" I smile widely and turn to face hiyori.

[-Hiyori's POV-]

"Yukine, you head back to the shrine. I'll meet you there once we're done. Alright?" Yato grins and faces me. Yukine mumbled a 'yes' and walked off in the direction of Kofuko's Shrine.

"Yato, I need to ask a favor of you." I say seriously. Yato's happy expression changed quickly to a concerned. "Ooo...kay?" He says a little taken back.

"Well it has to do with a friend of mine. Her sister is in the hospital, and she's can't move." I look down to my feet avoiding his gaze.

Yato seemed confused on where I was going with this and shifted his feet. I began to really ask my self if I should ask, but it's too late already.

" When I went to visit her a few weeks ago. There was this giant phantom staring at her. It left once I got in there so it all happened quickly. But the more I keep visiting the more it stays longer. So what I'm asking is..."

I swimg my head up to meet his cold ice-like eyes,"If you can help me get rid of it!"

Yato just looks at me, "Hiyori..." his eyes are unreadable.

"DUCK!!!" Yato tackles me to the ground before I can blink. A dark shadow flies over the top of us.

-Normal pov-

The phantom crashes in to some trash cans and is dazed for a split second. Yato helps up hiyori in the same amount of time and pushes her to run.

The phantom roars and chases closely behind the God and human. Yato grabs Hiyori's hand and makes a sharp turn down a busy street.

Hiyori dodges as many people as possible, only bumping into a few. The phantom can only repeat, 'Smells Nice' and a few roars or grunts.

Yato ran them into another street that lead up near the shrine. Just as the God turned, Hiyori's body went limp. Yato pulled on her arm but soon came to realise that she got knocked out of her body again.

Phantom Hiyori charged at the Shadowy Phantom and began using wrestling and boxing techniques on it. This went on for a while before Hiyori began to tire out.

'If only I hadn't sent Yukine away!' Yato growled at himself. Desperate to find a way to defeat it Yato began searching the vicinity for a spirit.

He looked over to see Hiyori only get more tired than she already was. Yato was going to charge at the phantom before a soft glowing light appeared behind a telephone box.

Yato ran to it and quickly dug through their past. There and then out began (Y/N)'s journey.

Eeeeh? Nani? Lol It was short but at least the first chapter is out now. I feel like it was crap though... ^0^"  If you think otherwise just send a comment demanding more and i may continue. Probably...