I turned to exchange looks with Caleb who was too joyed by their visits to notice me. 

"Mr. Jenkins," I shook hands with the CEO of the company I worked at. I was face to face with the owner and president! "It's with my gratification to be meeting you."

He smiled humbly at me setting the girl down on her feet following her older brother to the couches. "Pleased to meet you Bethany, and please call me Parker."

"Ann's fine as well," I suggested returning his smile. 

Caleb grabbed my hand and intertwined it with his. 

Elle didn't miss glancing at the action. "Caleb never mentioned he had a girlfriend. A gorgeous one at that."

"Caleb didn't have time," he answered for himself beckoning for us to walk more into his place. 

"I'll go ahead and set up the table I never got to do," I told Caleb with a smile. "Meanwhile, you can catch up with your friends?"

"I don't want to leave you alone," he frowned, his thumb making circles on my hand.

"It'll only be for a moment," I assured him letting go and excused myself to his guests.  

I opened up a bunch of cabinet doors before finding the one where all of his plates and glasses were located. For a bachelor living on his own, he was pretty tidy and organized. I carried eight plates in my arms with silverware on top going out into the balcony.

Marcus was now happily watching me from his spot in the corner no longer finding me a threat. I placed the plates on top of a rectangular patio table and placed it in front of the seats. I placed a set of silverware on each one.

"I think four plates would be just fine for us adults." Elle appeared outside with a kind smile directed towards me. "I fed the kids before we arrived. They're quite the picky eaters, and God knows what kind of exotic entrees Caleb whips up."

"That does sound logical." Flustered, I picked up the other half of plates and placed them in the middle.

Elle laughed and helped me with the silverware. "No worries. Is there any way I can help?"

"I think I have everything. Thank you though." 

She pulled out a chair and sat in it watching me as I rearranged the smallest of things. "You say your name is Bethany and go by Ann?"

I nodded. "Preferably. Caleb doesn't seem to do the nickname thing though."

"It's the same with Parker. I can count on both of my hands the times he's only called me Elle." She looked at me as if I was being examined for a check up at the doctor's. "So how did you meet Caleb?"

"I work at British Airways," I told her, "or intern there at least. I'm one of the architect interns."

"Oh really?" She genuinely looked surprised. "I guess Caleb has found his match."

I shook my head politely. "I doubt that. We've only been together for a month at least."

"Well look at my husband and I. We've never been together at all, and we married just like that." I watched her as she retrogressed into her own little world before realizing she was with company. "Do you have real interest in Caleb?"

I was astounded by her abrupt question. The smile left her face, and her eyes narrowed in on me from across her.

"Well are you?"

I nodded my head furiously, offended that she would automatically think that. "Of course. Caleb's been good to me."

"Just good?" She questioned.