Chapter 18

"Are you sure Flare knows where I'm going? I wouldn't want him to worry." I gazed at Big M's back which obstructed all view in front of me. I called her Big M or M. instead of mom, because I didn't want to feel like I was replacing my true mother.

"Of course Flare will be notified!" she chuckled. "I'm sorry we had to leave so urgently, but a lot of village members have their paws tied as of now and I could really use your help."

I nodded my head at M who turned back and smiled at me. We were walking slowly on the trail, with M leading the way. I had my bag slung over my shoulders, as I didn't want to go anywhere without it. The stone inside reminded me of Flare and having it close made me feel comfortable; it made me feel safe.

"And here we are!" M bellowed, "We'll be managing the clinic today!"

"Cl-clinic? I don't know anything about health!" I shuffled uneasily beside M, gazing up at her. I didn't have any experience in medicine or even anything at all.

The Ursaring chuckled and patted me on the head. "Don't you worry! We have the Doctor's children to help out! They may be small, but their mother has trained them well!" I nodded uncomfortably.

Big M smiled and started towards the clinic. The clinic could be easily mistaken for any other house, if not for its giant red cross. The cross was on a blanket covering the entrance. M pulled this blanket up and beckoned me forward. I nodded to her and invited myself in. Upon entering, the light dimmed as Big M covered the entrance blocking the daylight. There wasn't much room in here, so M had to resort to ducking her head to prevent from toppling the whole building.

Three small voices squeaked in unison. "Hello! You must be the helpers!" I looked around and finally spotted them. The Doctor's children. They were 3 Sewaddle sitting side by side on a table with grinning faces.

I waved at them and cooed happily. "You guys are so cute!"

I heard Big M behind me muffling her squeaks as she crouched down. "I can't contain it! You're so cute I feel a beaming joy inside me!"

"Huh?" The Sewaddle muffled tilting their heads. I was shocked to see how unified they were. They moved and spoke the same thing at the same time. It was like they were a single being! Suddenly the Sewaddles farthest to the left spoke up. "My name is Tick!" Then the second spoke up. "My name is Hic!" Then the third one. "And my name is Click!"

After Click finished they all jumped into the air. " We're the Sewaddle brothers!" they yelled in unison.

I laughed pulling my head back. "Nice to meet you."

Suddenly I felt a tap on my back. I turned to spot Big M poking through the tents entryway. "I can't really do much in there. I'm far too big!" M chuckled with a grin on her face and started to leave the tent. "I know you'll do just fine!" she said, giving me a thumbs up. "I'll be a few houses down helping some other villagers! Just give me a shout if you need anything!"

"Alright, thanks!" I chirped.

"Goodybe Big Mama!" the brothers orchestrated in unison.

Then her head disappeared from the tent and the clinic was now silent. The Sewaddle brothers still sat on their table staring at me intently. I avoided their gaze and glanced around the clinic. There were silk spun baskets hanging off the sides of the tent that held odd looking herbs. Beside the Sewaddle there was a carpet draped across the floor with several unfinished crafts lying on it. Silk was seen almost everywhere and I assumed the silk to be from the Sewaddle. The clinic seemed empty and peaceful, but I soon found a bed that look like a basket in the other corner of the room. There was some sort of cutting out on each of the sides, but the side I was viewing was blocked off any view of what was inside. However, I could see the shadow of a Pokemon breathing slowly within the silk-spun weaving.