Chapter 4

Holding back the disarray of emotions, I gave an uneasy smile to Yori. Tilting his head he glared back at me and plomped down on his behind, continuing to stare at me with a curious expression.

"That's an odd name for a Typhlosion" he said with a face of wonder. "I don't think I've ever heard a name like that. You must be one special Pokemon!"

Yori grinned rising his nose into the air. His cute posture and loving gesture was overwhelming. He no doubt developed a liking towards me, but It's hard for me to contemplate why. He truly was glorious, he has the mind of an adult, but the soul of a child. Watching him stare off into the distance I had a strange feeling that he recognized that name. I watched as he sat idle, which differed enormously to his bouncy personality. Rising to my feet I looked at Yori for a moment, then promptly spoke up.

"Yori.. I don't think we should stay here. It may be of our best interest if we find someone or someplace to provide for us."

I paused, Yori was still looking at the sky.

"We can't look for your mother instantly, our well being is our first priority."

Yori, without making a sound, swirled towards my direction and gave a cheerful smile.

"You're right Lexin, I think we need someplace to get our minds together and maybe sleep on something a little nicer then mud!"

Yori hopped in front of me obviously wanting to lead the way, noticing he wasn't being followed he glanced behind.

I quickly gave an explanation, "I think I should lead the way for your safety. And another thing..."

"Don't call me Lexin.... call me.. Ty, It-it's a nickname."

Finishing my last words quickly, I watched Yori's face, hoping he'd believe me.

"Alright... Ty, but I get to lead!"

Releasing a sigh of relief I followed the Cyndaquil as he joyously marched towards the unknown. I'm glad he believed me and I'm glad I found a way to get rid of that wretched name. I just hope it never comes back because if it does... I may not have someone as accepting as a child.

With the forest shrouding us, I looked at the joyous Cyndaquil and questioned if letting him lead was the best decision.

"Do you really know where you're going?" I snapped.

Yori spun around and let out a short laugh, "I have no clue!"

Putting my paw to my forehead I shook my head slowly while my "partner" cheered about this misadventure. Not questioning the legitimacy of Yori's sense of direction, I continued to follow him despite his odd personality in this situation. I didn't know these lands and if I were to lead we'd be as lost as we were now. Yori, leading the way, turned to see me staring mindlessly ahead (which I tended to do when I was deep in thought).

"So... Ty, you asked about my mom.. so how about yours?"

Instantly breaking my concentration I traced back towards Yori. That's a good question, how is my mom? I never knew her, as I was taken away when I was just an egg. I remember waking up and the first thing I saw was a human face... more specifically my trainers face. Did I fall in love with him like I would my mother? I honestly don't know. This experience was so odd, given that the one that steals you away from your family is the one that takes care of you.

"I don't know where she is," I finally said without an expression.

Yori shrunk his head down a little, "I bet you miss her, just like I miss mine."

Miss her? It's hard to miss someone you never knew, but now with my range of thought expanded... Should I be ashamed to not miss what I never had?