Chapter 11

I watched as Yori skipped around the forest in delight. The events from last night had hit me hard and I demanded to set up a new camp. Our camp was set up at a very delightful place and had different scenery compared to the meadows outside of Urek. It was like an Oasis with its encirclement of trees around a pond. I assumed it to be a safe as we had enough trees to hide us; I assumed Raize wouldn't be back.

I sighed and put my paw under my chin. Raize had really got to me last night, but I still don't understand why I should feel bad. I felt like the Sovereign were no more then a bunch of enraged Pokemon blindly seeking revenge. Their morals were right, but their plan of pursuing it is... Questionable.

Yori was still running around the pond and kept falling down, laughing, then getting back up to run again. It's always nice to have someone a little less serious, Yori being a prime example. Watching him take another lap around, he then changed his course and set out towards me. With his arms out he came bolting at me as fast as he could.

"I'm gonnaa gettt you!!!!," he screamed

He jumped and forcefully tackled me. I soon found myself on the ground, I didn't expect the little guy to be so powerful.

He stood on top of my stomach as he put his arms up in triumph. "I have conquered the unconquerable!" he exclaimed.

I chuckled, which lead to Yori losing his balance and falling straight onto his stomach (luckily on me). He grunted as he tried to prop himself up onto my fur.

"You're so fluffy!" he said happily "I want to evolve, so I can be like you!"

I glanced at him and crossed my arms, "Just enjoy your small size while you have it."

"But it's not fair!" he said "Why can't I be as cool as you! Not only are you sweet, but you're strong!"

I turned my gaze away from him, "Strength isn't everything and if anything, it destroys you."

"Destroys?" Yori Questioned

I nodded my head and then turned back towards him. "I've been around so many Pokemon that seek only strength and power. It's a constant struggle to overpower your rivals and to come up on top. But why seek to strengthen yourself to cause violence? What's the need of fighting abilities when what we should be seeking is peace?"

Yori stood silent and then begun to kick at the ground. "I guess you're right, but I feel as if fighting just runs in us. My mom is not one for fighting, but everytime she's forced to she just grows.. distant, as if her body wants the action."

Again I nodded, he was right, it did feel like we are just destined fighting machines. I don't believe in what it "feels" like however. Feelings are just that, feelings. And Arceus forbid I've let those feelings shape me. No more though, no more overwhelming feelings, there has to be more then just violence.

Yori tilted his head and frowned. "You make things so serious... Why do we have to worry about that?'

"Serious?" I said "What do you mean by that?"

"Well it's just... that you're always so worried. You act is if the world is coming down upon us."

I looked at him and shook my head, if only he knew how much of a lie that was. He is so oblivious to who his acquaintance is. It's not like I'm your average neighborly Pokemon, I'm fairly difficult.

Yori sat down on the ground and moaned in frustration. "There you go again! Can we just take a second and enjoy our company?'

"I can't enjoy it with everything that's going on," I responded.

"Like what?"

"Like..." I paused, looked at the ground, and scratched my head. Would informing Yori about everything going on really be the ideal thing to do? He's just a kid, but he has every right to know what was happening; not only for his safety, but because he's my friend.

I glanced over at him as he intently stared. "It's time I told you something," I said.

I cleared my throat then turned to face him. "Something happened last night," I begun. "Something... that I should've told you, but I've been doubting it."

Yori, growing impatient, rapidly tapped his foot. "Are you going to hurry up or will we have to set up camp again?"

Turning to face him, I shot him a look of annoyance; in response he stuck out his tongue at me. Sighing deeply I began to tell him about my encounter with Raize. As I progressed into the story, Yori slowly begun to sulk downwards in guilt. He no doubt felt terrible that he was asleep through my ordeal.

Throughout most of the story Yori remained rather intent on listening, but nearing the end I noticed he was beginning to lose interest. Knowing how small his attention span was I skipped towards the parts concerning him.

Clapping my paws together I jerked Yori to attention. "So to sum it up, the Sovereign has a plan that requires me to make it work."

Yori stared at me with a blank expression which obviously said something along the lines of, "And this concerns me, why?"

"So, with me gone they have to keep you somewhere safe."

Yori rose in protest and begun to bounce around in anger. "I want to go with you!" he cried.

"It's going to be dangerous!" I replied

"But I don't want to leave your side!"

"And I don't want you to die!"

Silence... Yori stood with his arms clenched down as he stared at the ground.

"If there's a chance that you're going to die.... I'm dying with you."

I suppressed some tears as I soaked in Yori's words. He really was determined, but his determination in someone like me really confused me. I watched as he plumped to the ground with a great sigh. I tried to speak but couldn't think of anything to say, so I crossed my arms in annoyance. Feeling my arms I noticed the hankerchief still woven around my arm. I didn't want to remove it, but I felt like it was the only way to convince Yori of the dangers.

Untying it slowly, I glanced at Yori and called out his name to get his attention. With Yori's attention and the hankerchief being undone, I let myself speak up.

"I didn't want to do this," I said. "But I feel like you should know, that these people aren't the nicest."

Throwing the hankerchief to the ground I let my gaze fall upon Yori as he opened his mouth in shock. Following his stare I turned my head towards what was covered and I too felt my heart drop. The arm was riddled with holes and scrapes from obvious uses of injections. but one thing stood out. On my arm, branded deep into my skin, stood a giant "R" giving my arm a terribly hideous black and red burn mark.