Chapter 16

I stumbled around in my bed, I didn't want to get up. I felt around for Yori, but I couldn't feel him by me. Edging my eyes out of sleep, I looked around me and noticed that Yori was long gone. I sighed deeply, I could never keep up with him, but I knew he was okay inside this village. I wrapped my paws over my head and flopped down onto my stomach; I wanted to sleep forever. I obviously couldn't though, because I soon felt a jab at my back.

"Now the days wasting away!" I heard someone chirp.

I groaned and swatted at the air. "Go away Totttt."

Offended, Tot jumped on my head. "Well excusssse me for getting you up for a meal!" he mocked in a sassy tone. I soon heard him jump off my head and waddle out of the room.

I stirred in my bed. I was kind of hungry and it was probably very late. I didn't want to move though, I haven't had this comfort in awhile. Food soon won over my thoughts though as my stomach began to rumble. Reluctantly, I push myself up slowly and sat against the wall. Letting out a yawn I stretched out and shook my fur.

"Ah! You're up!" cried a happy voice from outside my room.

I looked to see a Bellossom holding a plate of berries and fruits. She looked very pretty and seemed to project a warm glow from her presence.

"The names Morra!" she said with a smile. "And you must be Flare I presume?"

I rubbed my eyes and muffled a "yes".

Suddenly the Bellossom looked shocked and ran over to me with the tray. "Now now now!" she repeated. "Let's get your stomach filled then get yourself washed up!"

Placing the tray beside me she smiled and pointed outside. "There's a very nice spring behind the first building to the left! Just follow the pathway and it should lead directly to the spring. Be sure to dry off and when you're ready the Grandmaster has requested that you come talk to him!"

She bowed then did a little twirl before leaving. At the doorway, she turned and smiled. "Also, I'd like to personally welcome you here! And when you're ready, Me, the Grandmaster, and other key village members will meet you in the Grandmaster's room! Which I presume you know its location!"

Morra then shuffled out of the room after I thanked her for her hospitality.

I ate from the plate slowly; it had various types of foods on it. Some native berries, along with what seemed to be like some sort of home-cooked soup. The warmth of it ran a chill down my spine and satisfied me; clearing my senses and otherwise purging the pain from my body. Something warm was always a glorious thing, its one of my favorite feelings in the world. Devouring what was left, I cleaned off the plate instantly. Putting it to the side, I remembered Morra's words. I would really enjoy a bath, as my fur is completely matted and disgusting. A warm bath is just as good, as it takes away from the stinging of water. It's not that it hurts, it's that it just gives me a shock. I've gone through water many times and I'm pretty sure a spring is the least of my worries.

Walking out of my room I found Yori sitting down with some Pokemon. He seemed to have made some friends while I was asleep. I watched as they chat, laughed, and smiled.

"Oh! Flare, You're up!" squealed Yori.

"I'd like to introduce you to someone!"

Point towards a towering figure, I shook my head in disbelief. This Pokemon was intimidating, because it was an Ursaring; coming right for me. I had little time to react and soon found myself hoisted into the air. The Ursaring squeezed me tight and rubbed its head against me.

"Aren't you a precious one!" the Ursaring cooed as it squeezed out any possibility of breathing. Noticing the pain it was inflicting the Ursaring instantly recoiled, placing me back on the ground. "I'm so sorry!" the Ursaring said. "I just couldn't help but hug someone as cute as you!"

Yori, who just recovered from a laughing fit, pointed at the Ursaring. "That Ursaring is named "Big Mama!" Yori chuckled then stood up. "She rightfully got that nickname as she acts like the mother of every single Pokemon here!" Yori then turned to Mama. "When you "hugged" me, I thought I was done for. I never had my mom do something like that!"

Suddenly, Yori stopped laughing and sat back down glaring at the table. "Yeah..." he muttered, "my mom."

Everyones fun soon died down and silence took over the hall. Yori began to walk back towards our room silently. I tapped his back, "Are you okay?" I whispered. Yori just glared at me and kept walking. I took that as an "I want to be left alone" look.

Poor guy, we came this far and we haven't heard a thing about his mother. I was honestly beginning to believe he forgot about her, but she was deeply embedded as a mother should be. I had to give him some time to think, poor fellow has to learn the ways of life without a mother's guidance.

I thought about Yori as I walked outside. Following Cherra's directions, I found the path behind the hut and followed it deeper into the forest. The village was surrounded by plant life that stopped short of the hut's back wall. It was a hastle following the path as obviously little work was done to insure the path's integrity.

At last the path opened up to a large pool of fresh water. Steam rose into the air from the spring and disappeared into the clouds. I walked towards it in awe as I gazed at the beauty of this Oasis of the forest. Smooth brown rocks layered the outside of the spring, with little plant life shading it.

I waddled into the water and let out a breath of air. It's been awhile since I've felt warm pleasure such as this. I edged the walls of the spring and found the water to rise up to my stomach. Leaning against the rocked wall, I slowly slid down into the water. I slid till I felt the tingling of my neck as the water surrounded it. My neck was where my flame burned and was extra sensitive to water, but the brief shock of having it exposed sent satisfied shivers down my spine. Steam came up from the impact and spread all around me quickly. Pulling myself back up I gazed up towards the sky and smiled. The warmth of the spring, the sun, and the forest was delightfully comfortable and made me feel light as if I'd be swept into the air. I shoke my head and swatted away the steam. Edging back towards the shallow end, I slowly drifted further and further out of the water. Standing on dry land, I shook my fur and felt yet another shiver spread throughout my body. I released my breath and snapped my senses back into place. Sadly, I had to return to the village.