"Why do you guys have a shower if your all..." I began to inquire.

"Not human?" Jupiter interrupted and I nodded. I still couldn't seem to wrap my head around the fact that all five of the people in this house weren't human. They looked human, they acted human, they talked like humans, and they felt like humans. The only reason I believed them was because of the haunting tick of the mechanics I heard in Jupiter's chest and the robotic men that gunned us down multiple times.

"We never use it. It just came with the house. We do need to do a special cleaning though. Like any machinery, we have to be maintenance occasionally." He explained.

"What about food?" I asked as we slowly made our way down the stairs.

"We can eat human food, but it's only a weak substitute for gas. The scientists designed our systems to break down the food and use the proteins and minerals in it like gas if there was none around." At that I shook my head in disbelief.

"That's insane. I didn't know science like that was...possible."

"It's very possible and I'm afraid it's what got us into this mess." He sighed as we reached the bottom of the stairs and went into the kitchen. When we walked in, I came face to face with the twins and Neptune. The three of them were huddled over a newspaper, while the twins passed a cigar between the two of them. When Neptune noticed me though, she snatched it from them.

"Always put out your cigars when a human enters the room. The smoke is bad for them." She scolded, earning disapproving looks from the twins but they didn't argue as the guy, Mars, offered a smile.

"Nice to see you up and about." He commented as Neptune stood up.

"Would you like something to eat? I can make you just about anything you'd like." She offered, but I shook my head as I hesitantly sat down at the table. When I did, they all shared silent looks with Jupiter.

"I thought it'd be good for Abigail to get out of the room for a little bit," He then said, and the others nodded in agreement while I stared at my lap. All I wanted was to go back to my room and curl up under the covers again. Instead I was forced to be out here, with all eyes on me, like they were waiting for me to flip out.

"Yes, it's always good to avoid hiding away when you're upset." Neptune agreed.

I just fiddled with my fingers as I continued to stare at my lap.

I then felt her hand on my shoulder. Like Jupiter's it was also abnormally warm. It must be the mechanics running their body or something.

"You know Abigail, one good way to deal with loss and pain is through movement."

Raising an eyebrow, I finally looked up at her.

"You mean like exercising? Because I don't exactly feel like going on a run right now," I said, completely disinterested in any suggestions she had for me.

"It doesn't have to be a run," She shared a look with Mercury. "I have something better than that. If you're willing to come with us that is?" She asked as Mercury stood up.

"Yeah, a little girl time can't hurt," She said eagerly.

Although I wanted to say no, they both seemed so hopeful I would say yes that I decided to. "Okay, I guess there's no harm." I sighed softly as I pushed myself up from the table.

"I'll come to," Jupiter said, beginning to walk towards the door but Neptune shook her head.

"No that's alright Jupiter. I think it should just be Mercury and I," She said, earning a disapproving look from Jupiter as the three of us made our way out of the kitchen and into the connect hallway. I guess he didn't like to be left out.