“Dami-en” I heard Scarlett’s broken voice and that made me stop as I look at her with darkened eyes.

She looks broken, she was badly shaking from fear, and tears are falling freely from her eyes. But I could see happiness inside those teary eyes of her.

I quickly made my way over her as I hugged her tightly against my chest as I placed my head against the crook of her head and inhaled deeply, taking in my favorite scent, her scent.

“Fuck, baby. I am sorry for not coming any sooner, I am so fucking sorry Scarlett” I murmured to her, my voice broken as I clutch on the woman I love.

She said nothing as she just cried as she held on me tighter.

I didn’t even realize that a loud bang was set off; time froze just as I looked at Scarlett’s widened eyes before she spun around, her face flashed with pain before she smiled at me and collapsed, I held her in my arms as blood coated my arms, her blood.

I looked at Dimitri’s disfigured face before I glanced at the gun which he was holding and I snapped as I gently placed Scarlett on the ground before I shifted and lunged at Dimitri and he momentarily widened his eyes before I clamped my jaw on his shoulder and bit down with all my force, he let out an agonizing scream as he tried to remove himself from my hold but then realized that he couldn’t, if he would his shoulder would be removed off of its socket.

I released my jaw on his shoulder before I quickly bit his head off. I wished I could make his death a lot more painful and agonizing but Scarlett is fading and she is in need of medication ans help, so I just gave him a quick death. Dimitri’s body fell to the ground as I threw his head towards the room before I shifted back to my human form and went to Scarlett.

I applied pressure against the gun wound as my hands shook.

“You’re going to be fine, please stay with me, baby. Please stay awake” I pleaded Scarlett and she opened her eyes for a while.

“I love you” was her quiet and pain-filled reply before she closed her eyes again.

I panicked as I lifted her in bridal style before I went out of the room.

Call a doctor! Now!’ I demanded frantically as we got out of the room and went towards the ballroom.

As soon as I got there I was relieved to see our pack doctor waiting. I quickly went towards him and he examined Scarlett before he ordered some of us to get the materials he needed and to help him tend my Scarlett, I was pacing back and forth as I watch the doctor save my mate, I only prayed that she would make it out.

Now that I have her I can’t risk losing her again, why is it that we won the fight but not the mission?

Scarlett’s POV

My body felt heavy, as if someone was sleeping on me. My eyes feel very heavy, my mind is blank and the only thing that I could hear was beeping.

I want to open my eyes, but I couldn’t.

So I slept.

“Baby…” I could hear a familiar voice, that familiar nickname. Who is this person who awakens the butterflies inside me? Who is he that brings shivers down my spine?

“Please wake up…” his voice was cracking and I want to, I want to wake up. But I couldn’t, no matter how much I could try.

And I fell asleep again.

I woke up as I sat up straight; my whole body is numb, as if I was drenched in a tub full of ice. I was blinded by the bright light as I squinted my eyes from its harshness. I felt pain throughout my whole body but as soon as I saw my mate’s figure beside me, the pain slowly lifted as a small smile appeared on my face. I ran my hand through his unruly hair, even though my arm is connected to an IV drip.

“Scarlett…” Damien mumbled in his sleep, and I giggled silently.

“I love you” I tensed, he loves me? this is my first time hearing him say that to me and albeit he said it in his dreams at least he admits that he loves me, I felt tears well up in my eyes as I try to push them back as I responded, “I love you too, Damien”

Then without warning he lifted his head and was shocked to see me awake, “Scarlett?” he asked as if he couldn’t believe that it was me, he rubbed his eyes with his hands to see if he was dreaming and I laughed even though my throat is dehydrated and scratchy.

“Yes, Damien?” he hugged me tightly but not tight enough to crush me, he was being gentle to me, as if I was made out of glass and I slapped his back and he pulled back.

I giggled at him.

“When did you awake?” he asked tiredly and I could see that he hasn’t had much sleep, he has eye bags around his eyes, his face looks tired.

“Just a while ago” I said as I bit the inside of my cheek, he caressed my jaw and I leaned into his touch, he let out a tired sigh and that made me look up at him.

“I thought that you wouldn’t make it, you lost so much blood and I got scared Scarlett, that was the most scariest thing that I have ever seen” he said as he hugged me once more and he placed his head on the crook of my head and inhaled deeply. I ran my fingers through his hair.

“I am here now, you don’t have to worry” I whispered to him.

“God, I missed you. I am sorry, baby. I am sorry that I have put you through all of that shit, I don’t deserve you, I had put you through so much pain. I am sorry, I am so fucking sorry, baby” it brought me pain that he thought that it was his fault but it wasn’t, he didn’t give me to Dimitri, he didn’t kiss Lily against his own free will.

“Shh… it’s okay Damien, I forgive you, even though there is nothing to be forgiven, you saved me and I am here okay? Let the past go in the past and let us focus on the future, okay?” I asked him as I cupped his face, a slight stubble marring his jaw.

“Okay” he whispered out of breath before he kissed my lips passionately, he kissed me sweetly, gently, as if he was taking his time with me. As he pulled back we were both breathless as our foreheads met together. He traced my swollen lips with his thumb.

“I love you” he said in a whisper that I almost couldn’t hear him but I did. I grabbed the back of his head before I kissed him fiercely.

“You need to sleep” I said as we both pulled away from each other.

He chuckled as he pulled me closer to him and we both slept, comforted against each other.