❦Chapter 10❦

Everything happens for a reason.

「️♔️」️

“Who?” he asked as he raised an eyebrow at me.

“Annabelle and Elijah, do you know any people who has those names?” I asked as I try to calm my breath, their faces, their voices, they seemed so familiar and unfamiliar at the same time.

He rubbed his chin in a thinking manner before he shook his head and looked at me. “The only people who I know has those names were the later King and Queen of the castle you have entered, why are you asking this, Amor?” he said as he played with a strand of my hair as he moved them to the side of my neck as he exposed my neck and placed soft and light kisses, I moaned lightly before I answered him, (Love)

“I think I just found out who my parents are” I said to him seriously as I staree straight into his eyes.

We were at an old place deep in the woods, after I had said those words, Damien stiffened before he raised his head to look at me, looking for any humor but he frowned when he saw that I was serious.

He is rather confused at what I had said, he doesn’t know my life, he doesn’t know that I have been abused so I wasn’t shocked when he was starting to question but I just softly told him that I will answer him when I was ready and he smiled at me before he nodded.

He then concluded that we should visit Riley, an elder and a witch who had lived on Earth for almost a thousand years, at first, I didn’t understand why we needed to go to her, especially because she was a witch and I thought witches were bad, well according to the movies that I have watched.

He told me that we needed to know something and I reluctantly nodded, I also needed to know who that vampire was. I never voiced this issue to Damien because I fear that it will hurt him, I just want to solve this out by myself. I don’t know why I prioritize Damien's safety but I just feel that if he were going to be hurt I’ll eventually lose my sanity.

As we walked towards the creepy cabin, like those ones you found in horror movies, I couldn’t help but feel scared.

Damien noticed this as he intertwined our fingers and place a soft and sweet kiss on my knuckles as he smiled at me assuring, I smiled back at him, I am glad that he did that, somehow his touch made my fears and worries fade away.

Damien knocked on the door and I clutched on his shirt and he chuckled at me.

“Relax kitten, she won’t bite” he whispered to my ear and I shivered before I nodded, the door opened and I expected a woman with a pointed nose, frizzy hair, dark clothes, wearing a pointed hat and holding a witch broom but I didn’t expect to see a middle aged woman who looks... well, normal I guess.

She has light brown hair and sparkling grey eyes, she also wore normal clothes, a blouse and jeans. Nothing out of the ordinary I guess.

“Damien, to what do I owe you this pleasure?” the woman spoke up, seeming surprised at the sudden visit; she must have noticed that he wasn’t alone as she gave a surprised gasp.

“Scarlett?” she said, startled, my head shot up as I heard my name being called, how does she know me? As if she exactly read my thoughts she answered.

“Your parents and I were very close to each other, when you were born, that was when the prophecy began and I was the one who warned them to hide you and look at you now! You are so strong and beautiful!” she said as she hugged me tightly and I just stood there, startled with my hands at my side. I looked at Damien and he smiled at me, I hesitantly hugged her back before I heard Damien clearing out his throat and that is when she pulled back.