❦Chapter 13❦

Love is not about how much you say I love you but about how much you prove that it's true.

「️♔️」️

It was nearing 7:30 and I still wasn’t ready, I recently just finished bathing, I stayed in the bathroom for almost an hour. I was really nervous for our date and the warm water was the only thing that could soothe and unravel my nervousness and anxiety, but yet it wasn’t enough because I was still panicking like a headless chicken.

Damien was still busy doing whatever he is doing and I was glad that he was still not back yet; I didn’t want him to see me pacing around like I just lost a penny.

All the time I had been inside the bathroom preparing like it was my first time going on a date, well technically it is my first time granted that no boys wanted to spend some quality time with me, I mean, who would date a girl that has many baggage with her?

I wrapped a towel around me, covering my wet body. I stepped out of the bathroom and went straight to the closet and grabbed my undergarments and the bag that contains the dress that I am going to wear, there’s that giddiness again.

I placed the bag on the bed as I dried my body and my hair, as I finished I put on my undergarments before I carefully opened the bag as I delicately pulled the dress out of the bag as if it was a fragile Chinese cup. I placed it flatly on the bed as I went to the vanity to fix my make-up. I only wanted to put light make-up, not cake my face with make-up making me look like someone else, granted it will make me more beautiful but I want Damien to like the natural and real me, not the one who’s trying to hide herself in my make-up.

I added a thin coat of eyeliner and mascara, I dabbed my lips in red lipstick and some eye shadow and voila! I was done. I also fixed my hair in an elegant bun, well as elegant as I could make it, I left some strands of hair to fall freely at the sides of my head and then curled it.

I walked back to the bed and  touched the dress as I smiled, never thought I am going to wear a dress again, it had been a long time since I had worn a dress.

I put the dress on as it hugged my body but the material of it was smooth making the dress comfortable, I also put on my pumps as I took a glance at the full-body length mirror. I smiled as I looked at myself, at least I was presentable enough.

I also realized that something was different about me, not only my appearance was getting better but also my life, I now smile a lot more, gone was the girl who used to rarely smile and who was afraid of getting hurt by his so called father and pack members because staring at the mirror was a new girl whose eyes are sparkling in happiness, she now smiles often, laugh and feel many positive emotions.

I smiled at myself once again before I turned around to see Damien smirking at me but I couldn’t help but notice the look of awe on his face, he was looking at me up and down as if he was drinking me, as if he was memorizing each and every detail of my face, my body and how I looked in the dress, his eyes were also darkening showing the lust and love he has for me.

Then I took in his appearance before I drooled a little, he was wearing a white button up shirt that was hidden beneath his grey blazer, he looks so handsome right now, painfully handsome for his own good, he moved closer to me and I feel as if it was getting hotter and hotter he walked closer to me until I was cornered on a wall before he pinned me there and placed his head on the nook of my neck as he inhaled deeply.

He groaned as if he was in pain before he said, “You always do look beautiful, but tonight you are gorgeous, I might have a problem with resisting myself from marking you, you just look so delectable right now” he growled lowly as I widened my eyes at him before he looked up to see me before he caressed my cheeks. I involuntary leaned to his touch and he gave me a sweet smile that made my insides melt. Why does he have to be heartbreakingly handsome?