07 - Eavesdrop

Mitsuo shot the two Shinigamis that jumped off the building but they easily deflected it using the debris falling with them. Using my steel fan, I cut the falling debris into smaller parts to lessen their impact to us.

"You must be Naomi," sabi ng babaeng Shinigami at nagulat naman ako dahil kilala niya ako.

"Who are you?" I asked and I changed into a defensive stance. She landed in front of me while the guy is keeping Mitsuo busy.

"Let's just say I have a personal grudge against you."

"Typical for a Shinigami to have a grudge over something that doesn't actually matter," I said.

Nagbago naman ang expression niya. Suddenly, she drew her dagger and pointed it at me. "It does matter since you have something you stole away from me."

"I never stole anything from anyone."

"You did."

'Haruka, don't be too involved.'

'But it's true. I just want to tell her that, Daiki.'

Upon hearing their inner voices, she lunged at me and I caught her dagger between the slits of my fan. But before I could even make a move, she retracted it and backed away. Nagulat naman ako nang bigla siyang ngumiti.

"I knew you would do that," sabi niya at napataas naman ang kilay ko

"Oh really?" I retorted.

This time, I initiated the attack. Gripping my fan, I jumped towards her ready to slash her with my attack, but she fended it off using another dagger on her left hand. My fan was caught between her daggers and she twisted it, making me lose my balance.

"Yup. Using your knife to slash me."

I fell on my back and she's already above me. Before she could thrust her dagger, I rolled sideways and quickly stood up. She ended up plunging the ground but without even looking, she threw her other dagger at my direction. My mind tells me that I should avoid it but my body moved by itself. I blocked the dagger using my fan and I was pushed backward due to the force of her throw. I was about to shove it but all of a sudden, I heard a scream coming above us. But what surprised me more was the card buried on my leg.

My knees gave up on me as I feel the pain coursing through my leg. Nagpanic ako dahil baka makita itong opportunity ni Haruka para umatake pero mas pinili niyang tumakbo sa direksyon ng kasama niya. Pagtingin ko ay may card din na nakabaon sa balikat niya at agad siyang tinulungan ni Haruka.

"Akemi!" sigaw ni Mitsuo at sabay-sabay kaming napatingin sa kanya. She fell hard on the ground. "Are you okay? Saan ka galing?" sigaw ni Mitsuo kahit sa likuran niya bumagsak si Akemi at hindi niya tinatanggal ang tingin kina Haruka at Daiki.