Chapter 33:Amidst the pain

I ran.

Ran to get away from everything.

They were best friends.

They had a fight.

Over me?

I wiped away the tears which were starting to form as I ran blindly across the streets,hearing their shouts behind me.

I never wanted this...any of this!

Why did I have to fall for Eisuke?Why did they both have to fight over someone as pathetic as me?It just doesn't make any sense!

I kept running,hearing their voices fade as I finally stopped and collapsed on the ground,panting hard as I tried to see clearly.

That was when I heard.

The sound of an engine.

The screeching of tires.

The blaring lights.

I looked to the side and saw a fast-approaching lorry,closing in on me as I groggily stood up,rubbing my eyes to see if I was hallucinating.

Only to find out I'm not.

I could feel my whole body turn stiff as I screamed at myself to move but my body wouldn't respond.Choosing to sat frozen on the spot instead.

I could hear the loud sounds of honking and the bright lights getting closer as I put my arms out and closed my eyes as I braced myself for the impact that I knew would come.

But then,I felt something tackle me as they threw their arms around me.I felt everything slow as I felt the lorry hit me,but I didn't really feel much of the impact.

I slowly opened my eyes and found myself staring into brown hues as my eyes and mouth widened in horror.

He didn't let go,even when we hit the ground after the lorry hit us.

He never let go.

I could see the pain he was in.The blood dripping from his mouth and forehead.

And yet...

"You stupid woman..."

That same arrogant smirk...

Even when...

I choked as I sobbed.

When he was in pain....