THE ROOF

A/N: so its a bit late, and am sorry...this is the chapter on min woo that i promised, so enjoy..:D

*pic of Kim min woo's grandfather on the right..(he is such a lengendary actor)

chapter Seventeen

The night was quite chilly as Min woo stepped out of his car. When he had decided to storm out of the restaurant, he had not realised it would be this cold, but he was happy he had come out. Had he stayed in that room for a second longer, I think he would've exploded with frustration. Frustration at how his life was turning out. How could things go from being so good one day then start on a downhill spiral the next. Since when had his life become this pathetic that he now had his own wife to be chosen for him? And as if that wasn't bad enough, it had to be the one person who got on his nerves more than anything else in this world. Was his grandfather blind as well as dump? Anyone could tell the girl was conniving and manipulative just by being in the same room with her for one minute, now imagine a life time with her. Brrrbb, Min woo shivered at the thought, his mind casting back to the moment when she had walked in...

***

Just like they usually did, Min woo and his grandfather had sat down and discussed all the issues concerning the company, all the while exchanging thoughts and ideas to improve their services. Only this time when Min woo made to leave, his grandfather had put a hand on his arm telling him to sit down. Puzzled, he had obediently done what he was told, waiting for the old man to tell him what the problem was. Min woo could tell that the usually stern old man was looking a bit uncomfortable as if thinking of what best way to relay the news.

"Harabeoji,mwoga jalmos inga? [Granddad, what is wrong?]"Min woo asked. But the look on the old man's face told him that he was not going to like whatever was going to be said.

"Min woo-ya." He started, "you know, as young man, I have given you freedom to do whatever took your fancy, knowing that there's an age when you want to experiment on a lot things."

"Ne, haraboji." Min woo said quietly, although he disagreed with everything that had come out of older man's mouth. Freedom? Since when did he have freedom? Even when he went on holiday, he was never alone. His grandfather made sure of it. He would always send someone along with him to keep tabs on him. And if Min woo was to do anything 'out of order' or that 'brought shame to the company's image' his grandfather would make sure he learnt his lesson and never did it again. When he was younger, he either got beaten or grounded or given extra homework that was almost impossible to solve and only allowed to eat once he had finished. But as Min woo grew older, the punishments could not be as physical- but just as brutal. His grandfather just took away everything he held dear to him. One time the evil man had taken the only picture Min woo had of his mother and tore it up as punishment. All because of a girl that Min woo had liked and started dating without his grandfather's approval. That day Min woo not only lost then only thing he had left of his mother, he also lost the girl when he caught her throwing herself at Mun hee in his own living room. Since that incident, Min woo had vowed never to let a girl get to him. Never to lose anything precious to him all because of a woman and that one thing is, HIS HEART. Yes he loved partying and having fun but, he always stayed away from the female species. All his friends teased him about being frigid or even gay, but that never changed his mind. That incident had changed him and made him colder and the root of the problem? His grandfather. So Min woo really found it hard to agree with the old man sitting in front of him in the red leather chair but he kept his thoughts to himself.

"but there reaches a stage when a boy has to grow up into a man..."'geez I'm only 18 hardly a man.' Min woo thought to himself. "... And I think you agree with me that the time for you is now." Min woo could not disagree more, but he knew that that was not even the worst part yet so he waited and let his grandfather continue. "unlike other boys your age, for you growing up comes with a lot of responsibility and as I retire, it is up to you to make sure this company's image and reputation is maintained."