|| Chapter Fourteen ||

Start from the beginning

I was sitting with James in a small café munching on some biscuits that the shop was giving out for free. Trent had taken my parents to somewhere ‘I didn’t need to know about’ as he put it so I had no choice than to spend my day with James until they come back. He decided that we should go to this café and have something to eat so here we were, expect my body was while my mind was completely out of it.

Drew, Drew and Drew. This isn't the last you'll see of me.

There it was again. That dreadful sentence he had said to me before leaving me in the coldness of the night. Mixed feelings were all over my mind and I had no idea what I was going to do. Both choices were going to hurt me, either physically or mentally.

“Rose…” James was waving a hand in front of my face and it was only when I came back to reality that I pushed his hand away and put more effort to focus.

“Sorry,” I mumbled to him. My voice came out weak and I had to clear my throat as I repeated the word again.

He smiled when he realised that I was not daydreaming anymore. “It’s alright. I’m going to get a drink…Shall I get you one?”

I nodded my head suddenly feeling dehydrated and in a mood for something to wet my mouth. Licking my dry lips, I watched as James got up and walked to order us our drinks. I didn’t feel like doing anything at the moment, I felt dead. Last night I didn’t get any sleep because my mind was dead set on thinking about Drew and the choice I had to make. One time, I felt like ripping all my hair out and screaming.

From my peripheral vision, I could make out someone sitting opposite me. “Oh James, that was –” My mouth froze when I took a look at the intruder. They were wearing a plain black hoodie that covered their entire face. Last time I checked, James didn’t even arrive with a hoodie like that…I doubted he even owned one. There was absolutely no scent emitting from this stranger and that was what scared me.

They looked up, green eyes sparkling as he raised an eyebrow curiously. “James?”

Gasping, I sat up and searched to see if anyone was staring or suspecting anything. Everyone seemed to be minding their own business, like they haven’t seen their enemy enter without a sound. “How…?” I could even let out a sound from how shocked I was.

He gave me a dimpled-smile, pulling the hoodie further down his face. “What?”

I shook my head, blinking a couple of times to see if it was my imagination playing up. However, his hidden figure was still there, sitting opposite me. “Daniel, you need to get out of here! Your scent will give you away and then they’ll catch you…” I started to worry knowing that any of what I said could happen.

He simply shook his head. “They can’t smell me.” 

“How do you do it?” I wondered out loud.  

It took him a while to answer me, but he finally settled on saying: “Control.” There it was again, that stupid word that I couldn’t manage to understand so it could help me improve.

After a while of silence that could more or less be described as awkward, I asked the question that has been on my mind since I saw him take a seat in front of me. “Daniel, what are you doing here?”

He shrugged seeming too focused in studying the area around him. “I came to see you.”

Smiling, I bit my lip to try and stop the small blush that was making its way up my cheeks. I felt like jumping in delight knowing that he seemed to have thought of me as much as I have thought of him. Knowing that he actually entered my the pack territory. “But you saw me three days ago…” I mumbled just wanting to hear that he wanted to see me again…I was greedy for anything nice that came out of this boy’s mouth.