|| Chapter Six ||

|| Chapter Six ||

Intertwining my fingers together, I stood courageously in front of the guy who had ended many wolves’ lives. I might have looked brave from the outside but from the inside I was freaking out like there was no tomorrow. Last time we met, he nearly ended my life. The bruise on my leg had healed, thank God, but the pain in my heart didn’t. He had hurt me.

Then again, he saved my life. I thought he wasn’t going to come back, I thought that he, once again, had left me to die to those rogues. One thing I didn’t expect was for him to actually help me, for him to save me from my death.

“Thank you,” I whispered not daring to look him in the eye. My eyes were fixed on the ground, which might I add was covered in blood. The rogues didn’t get enough time to do some real damage which I was very thankful for.

“You didn’t run,” he stated. His voice was deep having a smooth, rich flow. My head snapped up wondering what he was on about. I gave him a confused look hoping he would explain in more detail. He didn’t. Instead, he took a few steps towards me which resulted in me moving cowardly away from him. I was beyond scared. Why did I stay in the first place?

I wrapped my arms around myself trying to warm myself up. Blood trickled down my face from the wound one of the rogues had created which didn’t go unnoticed by Daniel. His eyes narrowed giving me Goosebumps. Those eyes…

“You didn’t run,” he repeated.

I faced the ground again, knowing now that he was wondering why I didn’t follow James and Kayla. “No, I didn’t.”

He growled making me start to feel anxious about what he was doing. I was on high alert so if he ever tried anything I would run in the same direction James and Kayla did. He would probably catch me, if he wanted to, then slowly and painfully end my life like he did to everyone else. I gulped hoping that today would end safely with me in one piece.

He was just standing there with both hands in his jean pockets. Staring at me but not uttering a word. I could feel his stare on me; nevertheless, I didn’t look up.

So, what do I do?

I couldn’t just go up to him, that’s like walking to my own death.

I hadn’t realised that he was walking towards me until there was barely any space left between us. I bit my lip while a shiver of nervousness raked my body.  It was like I couldn’t breathe. I wanted to move away from him as fast as I can but I knew he wouldn’t like it. This was no time for me to be getting on his bad side and making him angry.

He brought his thumb and traced my right cheek going over the gash. I felt like I was on fire. His thumb was the only thing that was touching me but it was like he was leaving a trail of electricity behind.

“You’re hurt,” he retracted his thumb with blood covering it. I wanted to scream ‘thanks for stating the obvious’ but I held it back as I didn’t want to get him angry.

My heartbeat accelerated when I actually thought about what he said. Did he care?

He reached for a leaf from the neighbouring tree and cleaned it using his hands. “Turn,” he instructed me. I quickly obliged by turning my head to the side, my right cheek facing him. He brought the leaf and gently spread it across my wound. I bit my lip holding in a grown of pain. It hurt but there was nothing in the world that could make me happier than I am right now.

I didn't even know how a leaf was going to help but I wasn't going to complain.

He was taking care of me. Daniel Collins, the guy who didn’t care about anyone, the guy who everyone feared. He was helping me. He turned my face towards him and I couldn’t help but stare at him. He was gorgeous, a wolf made in heaven, sculpted by the hands of the Goddess herself. I wanted to reach out and touch him, his brown curls, his face, and those lips of his. They looked so full and inviting and it took all my will power to not reach out and kiss him.