|| Chapter Eight ||

|| Chapter Eight ||

“Where is he?” I asked with worry laced in my tone. All I saw were doctors entering and exiting patient’s rooms but no sign of my parents.

Trent patted my arm. “He’s alright Rose. You don’t need to worry. The doctors are taking care of him.” He replied but the look in his eyes told me something completely different. It looked like, deep inside, he was having a small war between himself whether dad was going to be alright or not.

I searched the area once more. “Where’s Mum then?” I asked him frowning at the empty seats. From what I heard she wasn’t affected by the attack as much as Dad was.

He looked away and I could tell he was mentally contemplating whether to tell me or not. “She...she’s not hurt in any way, it’s just that...she kind of, was shocked from what happened to dad and fainted.”    

“She w–what?” I stuttered not being able to take all of this in. Both my parents were hurt due to everything my mate has done. What a wonderful life I have.

Trent pulled me towards to seat at the back of the corridor and we sat in silence, each one of us was lost in our own thoughts. Mine? You ask. I was just thinking about how I was going to rip his face from his body then throw him out of this world where he can live lonely without anyone by his side. Alone and without me. Thing is, did I really want to be with him after what he had done?

“He’s going to be alright...” Trent whispered beside me. “He’s a fighter, he’s a Richards and he can get out of this alive.”

His words did calm me down for a while, that is, until one of the doctors motioned for Trent to come over as he wanted to have a private chat. My eyes followed his figure as he walked up to the doctor with the grey suit and friendly eyes. I wanted to go as well but I’m just going to have to follow what they’re saying with my wolf–hearing.

“His body is healing inexplicably from when we first diagnosed him. He did have some deep scratches but nothing that will not heal over time. He just needs patience and your prayers.” The doctor finally explained.

I relaxed slightly in my chair and zoned out of their conversation. That was all I needed to know, my father was going to be safe because, just as Trent had said, my father is a fighter.

Trent started to reply while I just sat there and prayed that my parents were going to be alright, and that Daniel gets what’s coming for him.

“Is he going to live?” These words where the main reason my head snapped up towards them. Trent looked frightened beyond belief which scared me. I thought they said my dad was safe and alive.

“There’s a very big chance he’ll be able to overcome the silver bullet as it never hit him anywhere near his vital organs. However, the silver is spreading quite fast and we’re trying our best to cure it.”

Wait, what?

Silver bullet, what the Hell was this guy talking about?

I couldn’t help it; I stood up and voiced my thoughts, “What silver bullet?”

Trent shook his head at me then pulled the doctor into a room and closed it behind them. Ugh, why does he never let me get involved with anything?

“Am I late?” I looked up and saw a blurry figure coming my way. I couldn’t make out who he was through my tears so I blinked them away and focused.

“James? What are you doing here?” To be completely honest with you, I wasn’t in the mood to see his happy face, I wasn’t in the mood to socialize and I wasn’t in the mood for anything except to talk to my dad and know that everything is alright.