57. Paperdoll

Before you read this, I just want to apologize for the chapter I updated yesterday or the other day idk the 56th chapter? Yeah that. To be fair, I too didn't understand the stuffs I wrote there so yeah haha anyways sorry for interrupting, please sit back, relax and enjoy xx.
Oh and by the way I really appreciate the stuffs you're commenting, that's so sweet of you. Thank you. ❤
😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘

AGE 17

HARRY’S P.O.V

It was a nice afternoon, the sun was slowly setting, and the birds are singing it was nice. I’m at the backyard just beside the pool reminiscing with the great view of the city in front of me as the orange glow of the setting sun illuminates the mountains, the buildings, everywhere; it was beautiful. I kept on flipping through photo albums remembering the memories and the stories when I took those.

The moment they announced about the hiatus, I thought about her, she’s the first thing that pops unto my mind, after two freaking years, I’m finally going home. That was my thought that time, sure I was a bit sad, and I’ll miss the boys, the crew, the team, the crowd, the sweat, the feeling of adrenaline rushing through my veins when the first beat started and I can’t believe I’m saying this; I’ll miss my bunk. But that’s okay, the moment I started this career, my time for my family became less and less as our popularity increases. Though day by day, tour after tour, the thought of my family never leaves my mind. It’s okay to miss the things that I’m used to during these two years, of course, I’m used to it, but the feeling of nostalgia is still there, I’ll get used to it so I thought.

But that negative feeling vanished

*poof*

*snap*

*clap*

When the flight attendant announced that were in London; home, the boys including me cheered, that bad feeling was replaced by excitement, happiness, felicity, joy or whatever you call it. Hurriedly we climbed down the private jet then ran towards our family, I was the last one to arrive, I don’t care though, as long as I’m home.

I saw everyone hugging their families, some are crying, others are laughing but one thing is for sure; all of us, every one of us had great, massive smile plastered in our faces. My eyes scanned the crowd looking for a particular someone with my smile never leaving my face. I saw my mom smiling wide with tears streaming down her face along with the others; Gemma, Dad, Mark, the family is complete of course, or that’s what I thought, someone is missing, my smile faltered when I realized she’s not here, the person that I missed the most, the person that I really wanted to see. I masked (if that’s even a word) my disappointment with a massive smile, and ran towards them, I hugged Gemma first, then Dad then Mark and finally my Mom; she gave me a sad smile, seeing through my lie

“What gave me away?” I asked when she hugged me tighter and longer than the others

“You’re my son, I can see right through you” she stated her arms still wrapped around me. I am happy I’m finally home, that I’m with my family now, but the heavy feeling caused by this disappointment is still there, never leaving me like a leech, the more you try to take it away the more it sucks your blood or skin; the more pain. I shook that thought away trying to forget her absence and continued greeting the other families as well. All of us went to have lunch and I kept on waiting for that someone to show up, to run towards me and tackle me into a hug and apologize for being late or something, but it never happened. I’m not mad, I’m just sad there’s a difference.

We arrived home at noon and I went straight to my room to rest, the other’s since they still have work to do, they left the house and went to their separate works. And I took a nap. I woke up a couple hours later and found a message from my mom saying that they’d be home early tomorrow because of some emergency so I’ll be alone until Y/N comes home, we’ll have the house to ourselves. Since it’s getting late and I can’t afford to take a sleep because I might not wake up or I might not fall asleep, so I took a bath, a long warm bath, releasing my stress, relaxing my tense muscles, filling my mind with nothing but good old memories.

After a couple of minutes, deciding that enough is enough, I shut the water off, dressed myself then prepared some dinner for us later. I can’t wait to see Y/N, it’s been years, yes we talk/ chat often but just a small chat like hi, how are you, and after the conversation would be like it was great talking to you but I gotta go, I missed you something like that, but that was a couple months ago. After preparing the dinner, I went to the lounge to watch something while waiting for Y/N. Mom told me everything, the way she behaves, everything.

*tic*

*toc*

*tic*

*toc*

*tic*

*toc*

It’s been a couple of minutes and I’m getting bored and Y/N still hasn’t arrived, I tried contacting her but after a couple rings it’ll go straight to voicemail. My eyes scanned the room, nothing has changed, the old sofa, the center table, the way the pictures are arranged at the side, the carpet, the curtains, just the same. My eyes found the book like thing under the table then plucked one, realizing it is not a book but a photo album, I grabbed everything. I turned the television off then made my way at the back where I planted my bum on one of the chairs just beside the pool. I love this place, I have the great view of the city especially at time like this; sunset. I remember when I’m still not in the band, Y/N and I will hang around here, waiting for the sun to set and the sun to rise, it’s great, those were the things I missed when I’m away. As my hands flipped through the pages of the album, my mind was recreating the scenes on the picture as the small smile formed into my lips.

I spent my time there flipping from pages to pages until I noticed that the skies have completely darkened. The sun was gone but it was replaced by the moon as the stars scattered along with it, like fireflies or glitters that got spilled on the sky. I lied down just watching the stars above just watching everything, waiting for a shooting star so that I can wish for everything to be normal, the way it did before.

I spent a couple more minutes lying there, just staring at the stars and the few visible clouds and the moon until I decided to come inside, I went towards the lounge and decided to watch until Y/N arrives, show after show and Y/N still hasn’t arrived, I’m getting worried though, so I called mom and tell her about the situation, she just told me it was normal, and that I shouldn’t bother to wait for her, but I’m her big brother, I care for her, I’ll wait. Though after a couple hours of waiting, I got hungry, so there’s no choice, I’ll eat. I preheated the now cold food that I cooked earlier then eat, alone. After I’ve eaten, I washed the dishes then plopped down into the couch then settled on a good movie. Halfway through the movie, I felt my eyes getting heavy until I gave into the darkness.

It was now dawn when I woke up, I know that clock said it so; well I woke up because of the opening of the door. When I heard it open, immediately sat up squinting my eyes because of the bright light. I saw my sister locking the door with her shoes on her hands, I just watched her. She turned around and I saw her for the first time in two years. Drunk.

“Harry!” she squealed, well slurred running towards me, well trying to. I immediately stood up and ran towards her and I catch her just in time.

She giggled, that sweet giggle of hers “You saved me! Harry saved me! You deserve a trophy” she said her arms now on my neck.

“Hello Y/N” I told her “Hi Harry” she waved at me with her beaming smile on display, I can’t help but to laugh at her but I’m still a bit disappointed, not because she didn’t show up earlier, but because of her behaviour, mom said she always goes home drunk well every Friday, sometimes she’ll arrive at three in the a.m with someone that’s what mom said. She kept on rambling and rambling until we reached her room.

“oof” just when I’m about to lay her down, she jumped from my arms landing on her bed

“Oooh comfy” she said patting her comforter. I just stood there smiling at her. Though I noticed every changes in her.

She became tall yes, she became more mature, but then she wears a little less clothes than before and she’s thinner, I removed her shoes, kissed her forehead then went to my room to sleep. Tomorrow, I will tell her this.

~~~~~~////

Part two tomorrow or whatever. 😁