Chapter 51: Brothers

I ran home after saying goodbye to everyone and promptly took myself to bed where Ethan later joined me; waking me up with fingers that were slipping the shirt I was wearing off because, 'Baby, what did I tell you about wearing clothes to bed?'

Waking up to soft breathing, Ethan was laying with his head on my chest and an arm splayed over my stomach. I suppressed a laugh, because we looked like one weird ass pretzel; I had a leg intertwined with his and a hand snaked in his hair while our sheets were bunched up all around us. Needless to say, Ethan and I were apparently not graceful sleepers.

I didn't want to wake him, but the longer I stayed awake the more restless I became. My fingers started to slowly play with his hair before my free hand itched closer to the remote that was just out of reach. Moving him a little as I grabbed it, he just nuzzled into me and pulled me closer to him with the arm that was wrapped around me, like a sloth hugging a tree.

Clicking on the television, I flipped through our movies until I found 'The Princess Bride.' Smiling as I clicked it on, back to where we had left off, I laid back against my pillow while Ethan snuggled a little more into me.

"Princess Bride again?" he sleepily murmured against my skin.

I purred slightly at the sensation of his breath dancing over my chest. "We didn't finish it."

"Did you sleep?"

"Yes," I replied back as he slowly woke up. "You seemed to have slept well."

"You make a pretty good pillow sunshine," he said with a soft smile, his head tilting up so blue-green eyes could meet mine.

"We should get up–" I began to say when he growled lowly–playfully crankiness before he looked back up at me with a mock pout. "Ethan..."

"You ruin all my fun sunshine," he replied, kissing the skin on my upper breast before he rested his chin on my chest.

"Don't give me that look, we need to go to the tree. We told Bernard that we would fetch him this evening, and it's almost evening." Ethan sighed dramatically causing me to roll my eyes.

"Fine, but I want blobs in bed tonight," he quickly replied before he sat up away from me, leaving me in the sheets as the warmth that his body left started to fade.

Shaking my head, I slipped out of bed and strolled past him to the closet, drawing a low growl from him which made my lips twitch up into a sly smile. Footsteps caught up to me as I slipped on a sweatshirt, and arms wrapped around my waist. "You shouldn't tease me so much sunshine," he breathed against my neck, his voice low and husky.

I quickly turned then kissed the corner of his mouth, because teasing Ethan had to be one of my favorite pastimes. "Tree, come on," I said, pulling him by the arm out of the closet.

Ethan groaned but eventually followed me out of the house where I tossed off the sweatshirt, drawing another low growl from him before I shifted into my fur. "You don't play fair sunshine."

I yipped at him then trotted out down the hill as cracking sounded, the sound of Ethan shifting into his wolf that caught up to me; rubbing himself against me before he licked at my neck. My wolf purred slight then playfully snapped at him before she leaped forward and started to run into the woods.

Ethan and I raced down towards Bernard's cabin; nipping playfully at each other and racing along the way. Bernard just rolled his eyes when he saw us as he stepped out in his black slacks, black shirt, and shiny black shoes.

We walked with him to the tree, staying in our fur which was nice–it had been too long since I let her out. She was curious of Bernard, but he didn't seem to mind her too much. He ruffled her fur a few times when she nipped playfully at his hand.