Chapter 12: Tricks

"You ready to go Char?" Ethan called from downstairs.

I ran down in yoga pants, a loose tank, tennis shoes, and a comfy blue sports bra. Elliot was waiting next to Ethan, he winked at me as I trotted up to them; swiping a piece of toast off the counter and tearing a piece off of it in my mouth.

I gobbled it down and chased it with some coffee while Ethan tied on his shoes. "You coming today Elliot?"

Elliot nodded. "Haven't gotten to toss around Char in far too long."

I rolled my eyes. "We'll see about that."

We ran together in our skin together towards the rings where pop and Billy were waiting with smiling faces; faces that said that we were going to get the shit beat out of us today.

"Morning Elliot," pop said, his eyes looked the vampire up and down before a smile tugged at his lips.

"Morning Emmet," Elliot replied with a smile. "Thought I come help."

"Fine by me," he replied.

Billy clapped his hands together and rubbed them excitedly. "Alright you two, today we're doing something a little different."

I raised my brows while Ethan muttered out a string of curses. Pop chuckled to himself then winked at Elliot.

"You're sparing together, two on two," Billy said. He was real damn proud of himself too, like a kid that built the biggest volcano in his class.

"Who?" I asked, flickering my eyes to Ethan then back to Billy.

"Andrea and me," Billy smiled out.

I looked around him to see Andrea, Evan, Jake, and Lyanna already on the jungle gym warming up. "Alright, let's get to it."

Ethan eyed me warily while pop looked me over, his beast pushing and pushing at me curiously. "You're in a real hurry to be cruising for a bruising girl."

I snapped my eyes to his. "I could say the same for you."

His eyes widened a hair before he looked to Ethan and nodded. "Let's go."

"Morning," Andrea called out. She trotted to me and rubbed my cheek. "I promise after we can have wine and chocolate and bitch together."

I rolled my eyes. "Andrea you know we always leave it in the ring."

"I know, it's why I love you, Char," she said with a wink.

"Rude, I thought you loved me more," Lyanna teased. She rubbed her cheek against mine while Andrea walked over to Billy, who was pulling his shirt off. "Pop's been talking about this all morning."

I raised my brows at her. "What?"

Lyanna walked back to Evan who smiled at me. "Morning little sister!"

"Hi Ev, hey Jake!"

"Hey, Char!" Jake called out before trotting towards Billy. Somedays Jake was like Billy's shadow.

"Did you know about this?" I asked Elliot.

He leaned on the fence next to pop and slightly nodded. "He needs to learn to let you stand next to him. He's coming from a good place, but he needs let you help him and you need to learn to let him and trust him. You two need to learn to work together."

I held Elliot's gaze with my curious one as Ethan and I stepped into the ring, our wolves crawling forward as Andrea eyed us both deviously. She was a hell of a she wolf, that much was certain.