Chapter 14

"Will it work?"

I looked into Ethan's hopeful eyes.

"Most likely yes"

He was pacing back and forth chewing on his fingernail. I couldn't imagine what he was going through now. After his big argument with Rachel which naturally sent him storming away he was desperate.

"What about you?"

"I'll have a death sentence for the rest of my life. Every wolf in America will want to kill me and Liam. You'll have to take Jess and Liam into hiding for a good few years"

"Where will you go?"

"As far away as possible. I can't risk you getting killed. I'll be their main target"

He didn't say nothing. He couldn't. It was a hard decision. But I already knew what I had to do. I only hope that Rachel would be killed in the process. If anything was worth dying for, it was doing the right thing. I ran back into the pack territory, stopping real quick at the medical tent before ending up at Liam's tent.

Walking in I could see the blind fear on his face and the small reminiscent of tears.

"I'm going to save your life" I said. "But it's going to hurt like hell"

Before he could react I punched him in the face knocking him out cold. As quickly as I could I grabbed the needle, I picked up from the medical tent, and shoved it in my arm. It stung like hell but I pushed the pain away and filled the needle all the way to the top. Not even bothering to cover the wound I grabbed his wrist and stuck the needle deep into his vein injecting all the blood. I then placed it under my foot and brought my shoe down smashing it into little shards.

Automatically a change started to happen. His body began seizing like he was in some kind of fit. His head began to thrash from side to side. Screechy gargling noises came out of his throat. All I could do was watch him, hoping he wouldn't die. Suddenly he went still. I crept forward until I was right over his face. I grabbed my hair and held it up with one arm so I wouldn't smother him. His eyes was closed but I could hear him breathing.

I took a breath of relief then instantly I was on the ground. His arms were pinning down my shoulders when Alex stormed in. It was on. Alex shifted straight away, his wolf standing tall and strong. He pounced on Liam so quick it was a blur. However in an instant instead of Alex's wold on top of Liam, it was Alex's wold on top of Liam's wolf. Angry gasps came and I could feel glares almost burning through my head. Liam threw Alex against the tent knocking it down.

The tent enveloped us making it impossible to see. I clawed at the fabric pushing fistfuls past me until I finally felt the cool night air on my face. I jumped out the way just as Liam and Alex came rolling past clawing at each other.

"Lucille"

I turned to see Ethan hiding behind a bamboo wall that we used for ceremonies.

"Come on"

I steadied my legs and ran towards him. I was almost there when I was sent flying through air. I landed on the torn of tent just as a brown wolf jumped on top off me. With one swipe of his paw he covered one half of my face in three huge deep scratch marks. I yelled in pain and knees him where his balls would be. Instead of hurting him it only made him angrier. Then like a black knight Liam's wolf tackled the brown wolf and slit his throat. Alex jumped on him and began to claw at him furiously but it wasn't long before Liam had regained his strength and was fighting back.

Watching him, I was slightly proud. He was a strong wold, stronger than usual new bloods which meant I must have been stronger than I thought. However as the blood began to spray out I realised this was a battle neither would win.

I turned on my mind link and searched him out.

"Liam Nome of you can win this run now!"

It seemed I had got through to him because he took off into the forest. I saw Ethan running and sprinted after him bundling into his car. I didn't even time to slide the seatbelt on as he slammed down on the accelerator, hitting way over the speed limit too soon. Breathless I watched as my home began to disappear in the wing mirror knowing I would never ever go back there. Ever again.