Chapter 20

I awoke to thoughts of my sister and my heart raced. Is she okay? Would she be in any trouble for standing up to me?

I mindlinked my sister asking if she was okay. No response. I mindlinked her again but she still wasn't answering. Then a thought occurred to me. It was a stupid thought but for my sister I'd do anything. I mindlinked my father asking if I could speak to him. For a few minutes there was no response and then...

What is it Lucille?

Relief and happiness flooded me. My father was speaking to me. Voluntary at least.

Is Eleanor okay? She isn't answering her mindlink

Even through the mindlink I could sense my father sighing in disbelief.

That's because she's asleep Lucille

Now after him saying that it began to make sense. I turned to the clock on the bedside table. It read 8:30 AM.

Sorry Father

There was no reply but I could still feel connected to him. It was like one of those moments when you're on the phone and the other person goes silent.

Is that all Lucille?

I thought for a moment. I did have one more question but I doubt he would answer it.

Are you okay Father?

He broke off the connection. I sat on the bed wondering if he still meant what he said. That I was out. That I was no longer part of the family. That I was no longer his lil lucifer.

Downstairs Cassie and Lacey were making pancakes.

"Want some?"

The whale cry of my rumbling stomach answered that question for them.

They laughed and placed a stack of pancakes down in front of me. A bottle of maple syrup was on the table along with a huge Nutella jar. I grabbed the maple syrup and doused my pancakes in it. I was about to take a bite when I noticed Cassie and Lacey sitting opposite sides of the table staring at me.

"Thank you?"

"We have a theory" said Lacey.

"About what" I asked.

"Well last night me and Cassie were up discussing beauty products" Cassie choked on laughter at this point which meant they could only be talking about one thing. "And we witnessed something strange"

"Stop being cryptic and tell me so I can eat my breakfast" I said.

"Well we saw a certain Alpha going into your room at 10:00PM and not leaving until 11:30PM"

"It was actually midnight he left" said Cassie.

"And we just want to know what happened?"

I burst out laughing at this point. Their faces, especially Laceys, was ready to soak up all the non existent juicy gossip.

"Nothing happened. He asked for a kind of deal and then to be friends"

Cassie and Lacey gave each other the 'juicy boy gossip' look.

"Are you sure he didn't do anything else" teased Lacey.

"Like take his pants off" rushed Cassie.

I burst out laughing and then started choking on my own laughter. I felt my face go red and once the air left my body, I still wasn't done laughing. I ended up doing the silent wheezing kind of laughter.

"Are you sure he didn't take his pants off?"

"Who took their pants off?" said Alex.