♦31♦

'Turn away
If you could get me a drink
Of water 'cause my lips are chapped and faded
Call my aunt Marie
Help her gather all my things
And bury me in all my favorite colors
My sisters and my brothers
Still
I will not kiss you
'Cause the hardest part of this is leaving you

Now turn away
'Cause I'm awful just to see
'Cause all my hair's abandoned all my body
Oh, my agony
Know that I will never marry
Baby, I'm just soggy from the chemo
But counting down the days to go
It just ain't living
And I just hope you know

That if you say (if you say)
Goodbye today (goodbye today)
I'd ask you to be true (cause I'd ask you to be true)

'Cause the hardest part of this is leaving you
'Cause the hardest part of this is leaving you' -Cancer

--

A S H

I watched him intently as he was quietly sleeping on the hospital bed.

I hate hospitals.

They make me feel as if the looks of people around here dosent make you feel hopeful. But they look as if they know that sooner enough, the person you are there for will be gone in a matter of minutes.

Thats only one of them, I was quite a drama queen before. I was taken to a hospital when I got sick back when I was with the people who turned me crazy. Here are my problems:

The nurses are always busy. They absolutely try their best and work much harder and tolerate much more than I ever could.  But there always seems to be too much for them to do.  Except for the time when I was lucky enough to have a student nurse assigned to my room, the nurses always seem to take ages to respond to the buzzer.  Then when you ask for something they go off and take ages to come back so you start worrying they’ve forgotten about you.

Most of the time you’re in hospital nothing is happening.  You’re waiting to get called for some test/surgery or you’re waiting for your doctor to come talk to you about the results.  The actual time when you’re getting treatment is usually tiny compared to the time you’re just waiting around and most of the time that you’re waiting the nurses can’t tell you how long you’re going to be waiting for.

Crazy people. The hospital is full of them.  Probably because senile and crazy people aren’t very good at looking after themselves.  I got to meet the worst daughter ever, an old lady who asked her husband 3 times within half an hour what lasagna was and an old lady who kept screaming she was falling out of bed even though she was tucked in and the sides were up.  Not to mention all the creepy people who are often lurking around the day appointment clinic.  Oh and once there was a lady who spent all night screaming that she wanted to leave and begging for help because the nurses were hurting her (they were not).  Which brings me to point number 5.

No sleep. You can’t sleep properly when you’re in hospital.  Just when you need your rest the most!  There’s always noise and there’s always light.  In between gossipy conversations the nurses come to give out medication in the middle of the night and a couple of times have even got everyone up to weigh them. What the fxck? The nurses start waking everyone up at 6 or 7a.m. and encouraging everyone to get up and have showers.  And…