"That's no problem," Sarah said. "We could toss him in Bobby's rickshaw." 

"Very well," Dr. Octavius said. "To the laboratory!" 

"Pardon me," Bruce spoke up. "I don't mean to interrupt but my nails are a complete mess after that nasty fall I took. Is there a beauty salon anywhere around here?"

* * * 

"So what now?" Sarah asked. The miniaturizing effort had been a success and Trevor Mastodon was locked safely away inside the sphere. The group they had gathered to fight had all gone their separate ways leaving Sarah, Zeke, and Max alone with Dr. Octavius in his laboratory. 

"Well, since my clone is no longer around to take care of affairs on Earth, I'm going to have to split my time between here and there," Dr. Octavius said. "I'm planning on returning there early tomorrow morning." 

"Count me in," Sarah said. "I can't say the past few days haven't been interesting, but I'm ready to get back home." 

"Hey, don't forget you owe me back pay," Max said. "I figured you'd try to skip town, but you can't put one over on a skilled detective such as myself." 

"Relax, you can have all of my floss. I won't be needing it anymore." 

"Really?" Max asked. "Woo hoo! Drinks are on me tonight!" 

"Will you be joining us tomorrow, Zeke?" Dr. Octavius asked. 

"Yeah, I guess it would be nice to sleep in my own bed again." 

"You're coming out drinking with me tonight, aren't you?" Max asked. "We've got to have a celebratory round in light of Trevor Mastodon's downfall. Not to mention a going away round since it's your last night in town." 

"I suppose I could have a couple drinks," Zeke conceded. "You're buying, right?" 

"Now don't you two stay out drinking all night," Sarah chided. "We want to get an early start in the morning." 

"Yes, mother," Max rolled his eyes. "Hey, why don't you join us for a round?" 

"No thanks," Sarah yawned. "After all the excitement today I'm completely exhausted. I think I'm just going to turn in." 

"Suit yourself," Max shrugged. "You ready to go, Zeke? I know this great joint nearby."

* * * 

"So anyways, I says to her, I says 'that's just when it's flaccid, baby!' Needless to say, it was love at first sight." Max polished off his drink and slammed the empty glass down on the bar. 

They had already consumed three house specials, seven brews, and the remains from the glasses left behind by a couple of women they had unsuccessfully tried to hit on. 

"Now that's a great story," Zeke belched. "If nothing else, this place has given me plenty of stories, even if nobody's going to believe me." 

"Here's to your last night in town," Max held up a glass from the newly arrived round. 

"Hear hear," Zeke said as they clinked glasses together and gulped down their drinks. "In a weird sort of way I guess I'm going to miss this place." 

"Aw, Zeke, that's sweet, but I'm not gay." 

"I didn't say you, I said this place," Zeke said. "Earth's pretty mundane and boring most of the time. But truthfully I like to have some peace and quiet now and then." 

"Of course," Max agreed. "If there's no quiet, when do you find time to masturbate?" 

"Exact-" Zeke nearly choked on his drink. "Wait a minute! That's not what I meant! Well, I guess it's actually true, but I was thinking more along the lines of it's nice not to have crazy monsters trying to kill you every day."