Chapter 25

Normani's POV

"Mani.....mani." Someone whispers while shaking me awake. I groan in annoyance.

"What?" I say in annoyance.

"Ohh okay, I guess you don't want any Chipotle. Let's go, Joe." I hear Eli say. I immediately sit up from my bed.

"Eliiiii." I say as I hold my arms out for a hug.

He rolls his eyes playfully and hugs me before Joe hugs me.

"How are you love?" He asks, as his mood turns serious.

"Umm I'm fine, just in a little pain." I explain.

"My poor baby." He whines as he rubs my covered wound.

"You know we can't have sex for a month, right?" I laugh.

"Mani that's so ridiculous that it's not even funny." He stares at me with a blank face. "Now you KNOW that Dinah is gonna be all up in that puss-" I interrupt him before he goes on.

"E that's enough." I laugh. Speaking of Dinah, I remember.

I look over to the other side of my bed, to see her curled up asleep in a chair. She looks so uncomfortable. I frown.

After a few seconds, I lift my legs over the side of the bed to stand.

I hiss as I move my hand to the right side of my lower stomach in pain. I suddenly feel an arm droop around my shoulders. I look up to see Joe. I smile as he helps me over to Dinah and I sit in the chair next to her.

"Hey?" I rub her arm softly to wake her up. To my dismay, she jumps immediately from her slumber yelling 'nooo.'

After she realizes that it was a dream, she calms down and looks around.

I grab her hand knowing what the dream was about.

I sigh. "Do you want to talk about it?" I ask.

She immediately shakes her head.

"Why don't you go home and get some rest. You know, take a shower and stuff." I say in concern.

She rapidly shakes her head. "Mani I'm not leaving you." She says.

"Babe, Joe and Eli are here. They coul-" She interrupts me.

"Normani. I'm NOT leaving you. There's nothing you can do to change my mind." She says.

"At least sleep in the bed with me. I know you're uncomfortable in this chair." I motion. When I do, I see that Joe and Eli has left. I guess to give us space.

"Please." Plead. After a few seconds, she stands up to lead me to the bed. She helps me climb in and then climbs in behind me.

She wraps her arm around my wound to rub it. "I'm so sorry." She whispers. She sticks her face in my neck.

"Stop apologizing, please. It's okay." I whisper back.

"No it's not." She sighs. "I love you....okay?" She says.

"I know." I say. "I love you more."

_________________________

"Alllrighty then, you are free to go Ms. Kordei." The nurse says with a smile as she takes the papers from my hands.

I smile back at her and turn to Dinah. She motions towards the door and leads me to the elevator.

As soon as the elevator doors close, she catches me by surprise.

She backs me up against the wall and kisses me fiercely.

"I haven't kissed you in only 2 days and it's felt like hell." She whispers, lifting my chin with her finger.

"Dinah?" I ask. "Huh?"

"Vous me faites très humide." I speak before biting my lip.

"Mais nous ne pouvons pas avoir des relations sexuelles." I chuckle while pushing her away gently.

"D'accord bébé." She holds her hands up in surrender as she chuckles. "Je t'aime bien que." She smiles.

I grin very widely. "Every time you say it, I get butterflies." I say.

She walks back up to me. "I love you." She kisses me before kneeling down. She lifts my shirt. 

"And I love he or she too." She says before kissing my stomach.

Suddenly the doors open reveling an old man.

"Oh I'm sorry. I'll catch another one." He says before getting ready to walk away.

"No no no, please come in. It's okay." Dinah says, catching the doors from closing. He smiles and walks in.

The doors close and we stand in silence. "Are you uhh, pregnant?" He motions to my stomach remembering the position that Dinah was in.

"Well I WAS, but I had a miscarriage." My lips morph into a thin line.

"Oh my, I'm sorry." He apologizes quickly. "No worries." I say back to him.

"It'll get better." He smiles as he lightly pats my shoulder.

"Yeah...you're right." I nod my head, a tear rolling down my face for the umpteenth time.

I see Dinah smile at the contact.

______________________

Shorter than usual but vote & comment ‼️😬

~ Cierra Monaé ❣️