Chapter 8

Bryce's P.O.V

I look around the dark room i'm in, there is a faint glow from a dim light bulb above me. There is a small bed if you could even call it that, and a bucket in the corner, and a door in front of me other than that it was empty. I turn back around to see him I take in a sharp breath and start trembling. I can't believe that he's back. I saw him go away! He was dragged to prison, he couldn't have escaped.... I wont be able to live through that  again.... I stare into the cold dead eyes from my past and feel the fear crawling up my spine. I don't know how he managed to bring me here, but I have to get out if I want to live. He will kill me for getting him sent to prison. I watch as a wicked smile grows on his face. He steps towards me his smile growing as I take a step away from him. I feel my back hit the wall and my eyes widen.

"How could you do this to me, after all I've done for you?" He sneers at me, stepping closer to me, "Your own flesh and blood no less!" He snarls out, causing me to flinch at his second comment, I wish he wasn't related to me after what he did.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know what to do!" I whisper out, tears threating to fall out

"Sure you didn't" He says sarcastically, "Why couldn't you just keep your mouth shut and come with me!?!" He yells out

I stay quit as I remember the day it happened.

~Flashback to Bryce's 12 b-day~

I let out a laugh as my older brother (Idk if he does or not, just roll with it) dances around the living room. Today is my birthday and Damien was distracting me so my parents could cook in the kitchen without me bothering them. He gets tired and flops down on the couch by me with his goofy smile on his face. I'm glad that he is having fun, because lately he has been avoiding me and when I do see him he has a frown engraved on his face. He looks at me and his smile grows, Damien is really protective over me, and he doesn't let any one hurt me, it's really funny to watch.

"So baby brother, what do you want to do?" He asks with a hint of mischief

"Umm, I don't know, maybe a game?" I suggest giving a small giggle

"Sure, hide and seek? I'll be the seeker." He says with something I can't tell in his voice, "I'll count to 30 before I come and find you."

I quickly jump up as he faces the wall and counts. I walk upstairs to my parents room. I look around for a spot to hide. Under the bed? no too obvious. Under fathers desk? Not hidden enough.  Oh I know about a wall section in the walk in closet that you can push and it leads to a small hidden room that has a ladder that leads up to the attic. I've cleaned up the attic and spend a lot of time up there. I haven't told anyone about it yet, because it feels too special. I quickly enter my hiding spot, not going up the ladder so I can hear my brother search around for me. I let out a quite giggle thinking that he wont find me for awhile. I grab one of my coloring books that I keep in here and start to fill in the picture. I am half way done with it when I hear yelling downstairs. I hold my breath and strain my ears to hear, but it's too muffled.

I quietly open the 'door' and sneak out. I walk slowly down the stairs, something inside me saying that something is really wrong. I reach the bottom step and hear a scream, then it goes eerily silent. I feel goose bumps on my arms as I creep towards the kitchen door. I stop at the door, my inner voice telling me to turn back, but I have to know my curiosity is too strong. I slowly push open the door and let out a strangled gasp and break down into tears. There lay my parents bloody on the ground. I walk towards them, mothers neck was cut like she wasn't prepared for it, while my dad had multiple stab wounds in him like he was struggling with the attacker. I freeze when I hear the door opening behind me. I turn to see my brother with an insane smile on his face. He is covered in blood and holding a bloody kitchen knife in his left hand.

"I didn't mean for you to see this baby brother." He starts "But, since you have, I have to make sure you don't tell anyone." He lowers his voice.

"I won't tell anyone Damien, I promise!" I cry out as he grabs my arm, with an iron grip.

"Oh, I know you wont." He lets out a laugh that sends fear into every part of my body.

This was the first day of my own personal hell. He tortured me, in too many ways to count, he ended up getting really interested in hybrids and guess who was the test subject. Yeah you guessed right me. He injected me with so many chemicals that I stopped seeing him as my brother and as a monster! I feared him with every fiber in my being. This went on for 3 years before succeeded in turning me into a hybrid. Then a year later he somehow messed up.

He ended up letting some girl that he was going to kill, but he left her alone when she got curious and explored. She found me locked in my room with a chain around my ankle restraining me to the bed. She pulled out her phone and called the police and they arrived within five minutes. They ended up catching Damien and they freed me from my hell.

I watch him screaming at me to stop them saying that he will come and get me.

~Back to current time~

Tears were streaming down my face and I felt a sharp pain on my left cheek. I start screaming at the top of my lungs feeling the pain from all those years. I curl up into the fetal position rocking back and forward in fear and pain. I don't notice that i'm alone in the room.

~Authors note~

Hey what's up? well here's the next chapter, even though it's mostly an informational one and its short, I promise the next chapter will be longer. I'm really busy with Halloween stuff right now, but I'm supper pumped for it. I'm going as the joker this year and all of my friends are other villains :D So what are you guys going to be for Halloween??? Have a fantastic day/night and I'll see you guys later :D