Thinking about last night put a smile on my face. Last night was beyond perfect, I claimed my mate, my Queen. And I have never felt this happy in my entire life.

God, I am so fucking whipped. But I didn't care, she is worth it, she deserves everything, my love will always be hers, and only hers.

I was reciting cursed words when Lily came inside my office, batting her fake eyelashes, not like Scarlett’s long and natural ones, she is also swaying her hips trying to look seductive but it only resulted in the other way around.

I looked up at her with my eyebrows creased, as I look at her confused. I am disgusted and irritated with her, women like her do not have dignity, wearing slutty clothes, wearing too much make-up and for what? For men’s attention.

“Alpha, what are you doing?” she purred out her question, like a cat who’s chocked up in a hair ball as she sat on top of my desk, I moved all the paperwork away from her.

“Is that a rhetorical question? As you can see I am doing work” I told her flatly as she blushed in embarrassment.

She cleared her throat as she tried again to be seductive as she flipped her hair, “Well, do you want a little break?” she asked as she pushed her boobs in front of my face, I shivered in disgust. Only Scarlett will be able to pleasure me.

Only her voice and her presence will make my heart beat irregularly, only her appearance will make me do things like a teenager falling in love.

“No thank you, I have my beautiful, smart and funny mate to do that for me and you can’t even compare her with you, you aren’t even half as gorgeous as her, so if you don’t have anything important to say then the door is wide open for you and I am sure there are plenty of naïve men to take you. Good day” I snapped at her as I went back to work as I flatly ignored her. I didn't even care that I hurt her feelings, she is distracting me with what I am doing, her voice annoying just likr her presence.

Lily let out a sound as she handed me a cup that is filled with what looked like coffee. How she managed to bring it inside without me noticing it surprises me, maybe I was too distracted by her annoying presence.

“Scarlett made that for you, said you needed it” she huffed out and my mood brightened, Scarlett made it for me? Always the thoughtful and caring one. I chuckled before I took it and sipped; Lily’s voice when she spoke was full of jealousy and anger.

I shrugged it off as continuously sip on my coffee, I placed the cup back and looked back to see a smirking Lily, as if she knows something that I didn’t.

I didn’t mind her and continued doing my work when I felt my body go stiff, like something was possessing my wolf as my eye color suddenly shifted, my wolf was now in control of my body.

Lily smirked as she came closer to me and I wanted to back off but I couldn’t, she kissed me in the lips and I had the urge to puke, I tried to resist it but I couldn’t, something was holding me back. It’s like my wolf was commanded as he started to kiss her back using my body, I am staring to kiss her back albeit all I want to do is push her away and shiver in disgust.

Lily then proceeded to take off her shirt by unbuttoning them but didn’t remove them, I managed to take a glance at the door and I saw Scarlett and by the looks of it she was in the verge of crying, I want to go and comfort her, to tell her that it wasn’t in my intention to kiss Lily, that something was possessing me but I couldn’t. So I just stared and watch her as she ran away, away from me.

I slowly regained my body’s consciousness and once I did I pushed Lily harshly that made her stumble back but she held me back as she quickly injected something in my neck making me loose balance and fall to the floor as darkness enveloped me.

I woke up with a slight pain in my head; I glanced at my surroundings and noticed that I was in my room. I sat up straight and put my head in my head as I try and recall the memories that had happened and I abruptly stood up.

Scarlett!

Scarlett ran off, alone without any knowledge where she could be, she could be anywhere! Vampires and rogues are anywhere, she could get hurt. I couldn’t let anything happen to her.

I gathered all my men and instructed them to go find their Queen, my Queen, my mate, who is gone, we all shifted into our wolves and searched for hours, trying to pick up her scent but there was no trace.

It was already day time, we have been searching all night, without rest, I was slightly panicking when the possibility that Dimitri could have gotten her, my blood boils at the mere fact of it, if it weren’t for Lily none of this would have happened. Lily was also gone, without a trace and I wouldn’t hesitate to kill her when I find her, she has brought Scarlett pain.

Then without notice I screamed in pain, all my men rushed to me asking what had happened but I couldn’t answer them as waves and waves of pain hit me forcefully, I felt Scarlett and I’s connection weaken as it slowly dissipated as if it wasn’t there the first time.