Chapter 47: Under The Comforter

Start from the beginning

"Baby look at everything around us. It's so dangerous for a child right now, and me pregnant?" I shook my head and sat back. My wolf whined but she agreed. After the last week without our mate, we were both in agreement that we were terrified to bring a pup into this world right now.

He sighed and nodded. "I know. I can't believe those damn witches–" he grumbled. "And rogues here again?"

We hadn't talked much since he got back. We really didn't talk at all. Not that I was complaining but now that the dust from my heat settled we had things to do.

"What happened Ethan? You were gone for nine days, what the hell?" He sighed and looked back up at me, his eyes turned from tired to sad in an instant. My beast lifted her head with her ears flicked forward. "Ethan?"

"You show me first. Please?" he asked quietly.

I nodded. He crawled up and laid next to me, closer so I could scoot back and rest my head on his chest. My eyes closed as I let the events of the last few days pour over the bond; the rogues, the witches, what Lyanna had found, Aaron and Amber, the heat–God that heat. Images of the horrible night and day mares I had poured over the bond, causing him to freeze with anger that started to shake his skin while he bit back growls.

Images of Bernard flooded over; Bernard who found the Mare's Weed and destroyed it. I let the rest of the heat flood over; the images of Lucas and how he stayed with me, the pain, the agony, Evie and Derek fretting over me, and my beast as she cried out to her mate every night.

My eyes fluttered open to look up at him. His fingers where pinching the bridge of his nose and his jaw was so tight I thought it would crack. "Ethan," I sighed out and kissed the corner of his lips. "I'm fine. We'll figure it out."

He let out a sharp breath and pulled me tight to me as a series of more sharp breaths fell out of his lips while his beast reached out to mine, grasping to make sure that she was really alright.

"I'm so sorry baby."

"You're here now," I murmured against his chest.

He nodded and let out another sharp breath. "Lucas?"

"Real asshole, but he did keep me company," I replied with a faint smile.

He shook his head. "Figures," he grumbled.

"Ethan what about you? What happened?"

He kissed my crown then rested his chin on my head, holding me close to him as I felt him reach into the bond. Laying against him, his mind poured out images of his trip; his trip that shattered my heart.

I saw him and his group, the packs and the women they had collared up like animals–my beast growled out and caused a slight vibration to come off of my chest. I saw the sketchy alphas and the dirty alpha who disrespected his pack and mate but philandered around with other females. My beast snapped at the image, he did not deserve to lead a pack or have the moon's gift of a mate.

I saw them go to the caves, the caves that smelled sick. Ethan was walking, his feet were crunching on something that Ryder released to be the black rocks. My breath hitched as they kept going–going until they were looking at a small army of rogues sleeping in a large cave chamber below their feet.

"Ethan!" I gasped out.

He pulled me closer to him and kissed my hair. "That's not all."

More images dumped over the bond. They were leaving the cave and the alphas were waiting, waiting with a group to kill them. My beast growled out but the men ended up in a fight anyways.

We saw Terrance fall and our heart twisted for him, then we saw one of the alphas kill Bailey–the twin with sparkling eyes that was like a little light in the darkness, but then we saw Jaxon–and Billy.