First of the Year (Pete's POV)

"Dude, Patrick had better be back quick with Emily. I don't think Brendon can stall much longer and that's saying something," Charlie said to me.
"I agree. I have no idea where they are, but at least the crowd doesn't seem to be upset by the good five or so minutes of Brendon rambling on and on," I said.
"That's true," Charlie said as he turned his head to his left. "Hey, Emily's back!"
"Thank god!" I said. "Em, where have you been?"

She just kept walking towards the stage, giving me a slight glare as she walked passed Charlie and I. What the hell is up with her?...

"Where's my fucking mic?" I overheard her ask.
"Here," one of the stage helpers said as he handed her her mic.

She pulled it out of his hands and then made her way onstage. As Brendon started introducing her again and the next song, that's when Patrick came back, followed by Gerard a good fifteen feet behind him. He walked over by Charlie and I, while Gerard stood at the other end of the stage. Ok, shit went down and I intend to find out what the hell it was.

"Baby, what's going on?" I asked.
"I'll explain in just a second, but just know that you, Emily, and I will be having a little discussion when we get on the bus tonight," Patrick said.
"Alright, I have to know what happened," I said.
"Basically, in a nutshell, I walked down one of the last hallways and what do I see? Gerard and Emily sucking each others faces like there's no tomorrow, while she's supposed to be out here performing with Brendon. I had to tell her that there's a time and a place for that and that's it's not while you're supposed to be singing onstage. She got all pissy with me and stormed off. I was having it up to here," he said motioning the height with his hand. "So after Emily stormed off, I literally pushed Gerard up against a wall and basically threatened him. I know this is stressing me out way more than it should, but ever since Gerard asked her out, which was what? A whole hour and a half ago? If that?! She's been having that basically 'hey, I can do what I want whenever I want and you can't tell me no, so fuck you' attitude and it's pissing me off. What happened to our Emily?"
"Holy shit," I said.
"Tell me about it," he said.
"We're going to have to lay down the law tonight. She has to know that there's a time and a place for everything and that she shouldn't mouth off to you or anybody for that matter," I said. "And she definitely doesn't need to stress you out anymore than you already are. We can't have a repeat of what happened to my baby those years ago..."
"Aww, Pete, baby," Patrick said as he hugged me.

Truthfully, me losing that baby so many years ago still hurts me. That's a baby that could have been here with Patrick and I, but no. I had to go and be an idiot and drink and kill it. I'm a fucking idiot and I'm definitely not going to let the same thing happen to Patrick.

"Hey, we have to great girls, ok? And we're going to have another little boy or girl joining us in the future. Pete, you're a great father and I know you nor I will let what happened before happen again. I know it still hurts, but just know that I won't let it happen. Pete, this is going to be another amazing child whom will love you so much, just as I do. Remember, things always get better," Patrick said as he hugged me tighter.