Fourth Night

I don't know where to go now. Justin's task is to kill someone, and he will probably kill me, since I'm the one he suspected.

I move silently up to the third floor, then go into the bathroom. I lock the door behind me and climb into the bathtub, drawing the shower curtains.

"Please...no..." I hear someone whimper outside the door.

"I'm sorry." It's Justin. I hear another scream then silence. I don't leave my perch in the bathtub till the lights come on.

I step out the door and see Amy lying on the floor, a thin slit on her throat.

"No..." I sling her arm over my shoulder and start to carry her down the stairs. On the first floor landing, I meet Erica and Lewis hauling another body. Chris.

"Amy?" Erica whispers when she sees me carrying her.

"Amy is dead? How?" Lewis turns towards me.

"Justin."

"How could he?!" Lewis yells. I shake my head, Amy is the youngest among us, only ten years old.

When we enter the living room, Lewis immediately rushes to Justin and grabs his throat in a choke hold.

"YOU KILLED AMY?! HOW COULD YOU!!!! SHE WAS SO YOUNG, SHE DIDN'T DESERVE TO DIE!!! TELL ME, TELL ME WHY!!!!!"

"I had no choice."

"SO YOU WERE WILLING TO SACRIFICE AN INNOCENT YOUNG GIRL TO SAVE YOUR OWN SKIN?!!!"

"You know there was nothing else for me to do."

"YOU BASTARD!!!!" He starts bashing his knuckles into Justin's head. Justin crumples to the ground.

Tears begin to form in my eyes.

Why is this happening? I ask myself again.

But I'll never get the answer.