Author's Note

WARNING: READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

Disclaimer: This is a work of fiction. Names, places, characters, businesses, events and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

So this book is about a game of mafia. (Not the criminal organisation kinda mafia if that's what you were thinking...) If you don't know how to play mafia, do read the description below as it will help you understand the book. If you already know it, then you can skip this part and begin on the story.
Okay so basically to play mafia we would usually use poker cards. There are different roles for each player:
1. Moderator
2. Killer- joker card
3. Doctor- Q card
4. Detective- J card
5. Civilian- any number card
These are the five basic roles but there are more roles in some versions. Each round of the game is split into two phases, day and night. These are what the characters have to do during the night.
1. Moderator- he/she is supposed to keep track of the game and also call out the different roles to perform their tasks
2. Killer- he/she is supposed to point at anyone to 'kill' them. Their main objective is to kill everyone so that they can win. The moderator is supposed to note who they killed.
3. Doctor- he/she is supposed to pick a person who they think has been killed by the person and 'heal them'. The moderator is supposed to note who they healed.
4. Detective- he/she is supposed to guess who the killer is. If the detective suspects the killer, the killer dies and the game ends.
5. Civilians- the civilians have no role during the night phase.
Day phase:
This is where the civilians come in. If the killer is not found, everyone will have to vote for the person they suspect is the killer. If the killer is voted out, the civilians win and the game ends. If someone else is voted out, they are out of the game and the next round continues.
I hope you get a general idea of the game from that brief explanation.

Let the game begin...