Ocean

Indigo's P.O.V
Today was it. Today was the third year anniversary of her death. My friend. My supporter. My friend that I couldn't save.
Ocean was such a beautiful girl. Had a good life ahead of her. I could have saved her. I could have keep her alive. I should have tried harder. Who am I kidding? I tried my best and it still wasn't even close to enough.
She was bullied a lot. For no reason though. Other than she was a nice girl with a big heart. She just got so tired of feeling hated.
I could have kept her on the phone longer. I should have.
I looked up as someone knocked lightly on the door. I mumbled a quiet come in and the door opened to reveal my beautiful kitten.
"Hey love..How are you feeling?" Jazlyn asked hopefully.
I had told her about Ocean. She knew how upset I got on this day.
"Same as always" I replied through gritted teeth.
When ever I said 'Same as always' it meant I wasn't fine. Jazlyn had picked up on that soon after we met.
I felt horrible. I was sick to my stomach, my head hurt , my knee was killing me , and it's my friend's kill yourself anniversary.
Jazlyn nodded, tip toed over to me and snuggled against me on my bed. I pulled her close, afraid if I didn't she would be gone too. I was grateful I didn't have to do this day alone again. My parents knew what happened and would always go and comfort her parents.
I usually want to talk about it with someone. To spill my emotions with out a care, but for some reason so just wanted to be silent and enjoy Jazlyn's presence.
It was hard to wrap my head around, being happy again. It was a forgotten emotion and I would have to get used to it again.
"Can you tell me what fully happened?" Jazlyn questioned looking up at me.
I nodded. I didn't really want to say what happened but I figured it wouldn't be to bad to tell her.
"Um well everything was off with her that day. She was acting weird and being distant. Even when she was really upset she could cheer herself up just by talking." I looked down to see if Jazlyn was still listening. She gave me a small nod before squeezing my waist.
" When I got home I was looking in the mirror and brushing my hair when I got that dreadful call. I saw Ocean's name pop up and I thought it was her going to ask if we could talk about the bullying. She liked to talk about it after , it made her feel better. I placed the phone on speaker and said 'Hello?' Hiiii Indieeee'
'Ocean? Are you drunk?' 'No hehe I took a lot of pills through' At that point I had dropped my brush and grabbed the phone in my soft hands. 'What?!?! Ocean what pills?!' ' Mommy's painkillers' ' How fucking many?!?!' ' The whole bottle!!' I would have ran over there but I had just had another knee surgery and she's lived on the over side of town.. I don't wanna talk about this anymore" I frowned.
"It's ok. You did really good Baby Girl" Jazlyn smiled lightly as she spoke those words.
For the rest of the day she held me while I cried and screamed. She rubbed my back when I woke up from nightmares. She took care of me.

A/N
It's REALLY short because i'm super tired and can't keep my eyes over. Love you guys thanks for reading