This Is My Old 'Friend'

It had been a week since Jaz got here and it has been amazing. She got along with my family and we had many late night movie and make out sessions.
  Today we were walking through the mall (Jazlyn's choice of 'something fun') alone because my cousins decided to abandon us to see their boyfriends.
"I need a new sweatshirt." I whined.
  "Indie it's summer and you live in Texas" Jaz pointed out.
"I wear sweatshirts all year around" I smirked.
Jaz rolled her eyes and looked down at my hand. I laced my fingers with hers and smiled at her. She looked around before smiling back.
This was a risk. My cousins could see us or my family friends but we did it anyway.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We had been searching for my cousins for 30 or so minutes and we had finally gave up.
Jaz collapsed onto a bench with a sigh. I laughed quietly and sat down next to her. She leaned her head against my shoulder and grabbed my hand. I knew I was smiling more than I have in a long time ,which gave me some weird feeling. I ignored it and squeezed her hand.
"Oh my gosh!!!! Indigo?!" Screamed a high pitched voice.
I looked up to see a devil from my old school.
"Linda?" I asked.
My old tormenter pulled me into a bone crushing hug and "accidentally" kicked my knee in the process. I winced and tried to push myself off her but she just held me closer.
"Who is this Indie?" Jaz questioned,standing up to look at us.
"I'm her old best friend!" Linda stated like it was the most obvious thing in the world.
Before I could say anything my cousins strutted      with shopping bags atop their arms.
" Come on girls we have to go" One of my cousins stated with a sweet smile. I threw myself from Linda but only to be grabbed by her again.    She snatched my phone and put her number in and put mine in hers.
She waved and ran off with a evil smirk.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My cousins dropped us off and told to say hi to my parents.
There was a note on the counter from my parents saying they would be gone til tomorrow.
  " Were you really only friends with that girl from earlier?" Jaz asked with a solemn face.
" No. I was never friends with that witch." I mumbled looking towards my feet.
I didn't want to talk about that girl. Ever. I was hoping Jazlyn wouldn't ask about it today. I knew eventually I would have to talk about but not today (i made that pun😏 if you get it i love you). She seemed to understand and pulled me into a hug.
I really am in love with this girl.
                            A/N
I know this is really short again but I am in a LOT of pain right now and couldn't think of anything else to write for this chapter. Sorry frens