Chapter 10 - The Break-up

* A few days later *

I've given it some thought and I finally know how I'm going to say it. I've been dragging my heels because I'm nervous. Brent's reactions to these kinds of things is...let's just say, not the best but it's something I have to do. I decided to call him up to see if he was home.

"Hello?"

"Hi, it's Kendra. Can I come over?"

"Sure, I'm not doing anything right now."

"Ok, I'll be over in a few minutes. See ya."

"Bye."

When I got there, I sat in my car for a moment and kept thinking, 'I'm doing this for Robert' so it will motivate me. I walk up to the door and knock. A few seconds later, Brent opens the door and says, "Hey, come on in. What's up?"

"I need to tell you something."

"What is it?" He asked hesitantly.

"You know how I told you that I'm not ready yet? To get married?

"Yes."

"Well...I'm not ready for you...I never will."

There was a long pause. I could see tears forming up in his eyes.

"Do you mean you're breaking up with me?" He asked.

"Yes....I'm so sorry."

He dropped his head in his hands and shook his head. I could hear him say to himself, "No, no, no....why?"

Then he stopped for second realizing the answer. He wipes away the tears and looks at me.

"It's Robert isn't it?"

Sh**. I could hear the annoyance in his voice. "I'm not going to lie, yes."

He just sat there. Silent.

Brent's P.O.V.
I knew it! I've always was suspicious of him. Ever since we saw him at the movies. Kendra always acted a bit different around him. Ugh, that son of a b**** is gonna pay for it! I will do anything it takes to get her back... Crap, I just realized I haven't given her a reply yet. Remember: stay calm.

"If he's what you want...so be it. I want you to be happy. But I also want you to know this: he will never love you as much as I do. I'll keep waiting for you no matter how long it takes."

Kendra's P.O.V.
Wow. He took that extremely well. Dang, he's really trying to improve. "Thanks for not making it an argument. I appreciate your effort. I would like it, though, if we kept our contact to a minimum. But, if you have any emergencies or need help with anything, let me know. I still care about you and hopefully we can still get along. Well, I gotta go. I'll see ya around."

Brent's P.O.V.
I watched her walk out of my house and drive off. Now I need to figure out a plan ....
________________________
I'm sorry it took longer than usual to post this chapter, and that its a short one. This chapter and the next needed some planning. i figured this was a good place to pause for a cliffhanger. anyway, let me know what you think!!