Chapter 4-Movie Night

The next day, my boss told me he called Robert and told him he doesn't need to come in today because my boss thought all my pictures turned out great and I don't need to take anymore. Which means now it's time to edit. I'm sad about Robert but it was definitely great while it lasted. I enjoyed every minute of it. I think we have become good friends. We agreed to stay in touch. However, who knows when the next time we'll see each other again because Robert has a busy schedule.

While I was editing away, I heard my phone buzz. "New message from Robert"

<"hey, I guess I'm not needed anymore :( I was looking forward to having fun again haha. Can I still stop by and say hi?">

<"yeah, my boss told me about it earlier. I was so sad to hear it but now you texted me and I feel much better :D Of course you can come! Anytime.">

Oh my gosh!!! Yes!!! That just made my day! Soon, I saw him walk in my studio. "Hi, I wanted to see what you do after you take pictures and the behind the scenes stuff." He said.

"Aww, well, it's good to know someone appreciates my work." I replied.

"Your welcome. But that's not the only reason I came here. I was wondering if... maybe... you would want to go see a movie with me tonight?"

Did I just get asked out by THE Robert Downey Jr?!

"Yes, of course!"

"So...I'll pick you up at 7?"

"Sounds good. Thanks!"

After an hour of showing Robert some editing tricks and talking, Robert had to leave to get back to work. I heard my phone buzz again. This time it's from Brent.

< "hey babe, want to go to the movies after work? I feel like going out and doing something">

You gotta kidding me! Ugh, how can I do this? I could tell him I'm busy, but what if he still goes to the movies? I can't risk that. I could only imagine what Brent would say or do.

<"sure, I'll go">

I hate to tell Robert about this, but I have to.

<"Hi Robert. You're not going to believe this, but Brent just asked me the same thing about the movies. I told him I'd go with him 'cause I don't want him getting any ideas. He gets jealous sometimes if I hang out with guys">

<"oh...ok. There is always next time">

Ugh, now he sounds sad. I hate this. I have to think of a way to get both guys together without any drama. Hmmm. What if Robert comes by himself and we happen to spot each other by "coincidence"? He's an actor. I'm sure he can pull it off. I'll text him the idea.

<"I came up with an idea: how about you come by yourself and we run into each other by "accident" ;) ">

<"ok! I'll do anything to make it work">

<"cool, I'll let you know when I'm at the theater">

<"ok, see you later....on "accident" haha">

He's so silly. I can't wait til tonight! I hope it works out.

When I got home, I took a shower and got ready. Brent came over to pick me up. When we got to the theater, we got in line for our tickets. While we were waiting, I texted Robert. He said he's on his way. By the time we found seats, a guy walks up and sees me. He takes off his sunglasses and says, "Kendra?"

"Oh, hi Robert!"

He did surprise me a bit. I almost didn't recognize him with his white ball cap and sunglasses.

"How've you been?" Robert asked.

"Good, this is my boyfriend Brent"

"Hi Brent. It's nice to meet you"

"Hi. Likewise." Brent replied with a straight face, then turned to me and whispered, "I still can't believe you worked with that loser."

Apparently, it was loud enough for Robert to hear. "I'm trying to clean up. It's been...a struggle" he said defensively, assuming Brent was referring to the drugs because it's been on the news a lot.

"Wanna sit with us, Robert?" I suggested, trying break the silence.

"Sure, thanks."

"What?! You let him sit with us too?!" Brent whispered to me.

"We will talk about this later."

The room got dark and some movie previews starting playing. I turned back to Robert and whispered, "Sorry about Brent. I guess he's in a "mood" right now. "

"It's fine. Im used to the criticism. I'm just glad we still get to see the movie together" then he discreetly reaches over to hold my hand. I felt guilty at first but then I thought, 'I'm not gonna let Brent ruin this night. If he wants to be mad, that's his problem.' Plus, something about Robert's touch just instantly calmed me.

After the movie ended, we all walked out to the lobby.

"It was nice to see you Kendra." Robert said.

Then he leaned closer and whispered in a low, soothing voice, "I'll call you later" and kissed under my ear so Brent couldn't see. I tried my best not to blush because I know Brent is going to be wondering what Robert said to me. As Robert was walking away I waved goodbye. I turned to Brent and asked, "Are you ready to go?"

"Yeah" he said sounding annoyed. Dang it, he's mad.

While we were walking, I mentally prepared myself for what's coming. There's no avoiding it. I am NOT looking forward to the car ride home.

______________________

Follow me on Instagram (@rubberduckyforever) for all things Downey and alerts about updates on the story!
Please vote and comment, it's greatly appreciated!