Chapter 2-The Assignment

"My assignment is to work with Robert Downey Jr.!" I squealed.

"That's awesome! When does he come in?"

"Tomorrow morning. It will give me time to figure out poses and to hopefully calm down by then because I'm literally in shock right now."

I cannot believe this is finally happening! I knew that "Gothika" is coming out soon and I overheard some coworkers talking about possibly having him come in but I thought it was just a rumor. I didn't want to get my hopes up. I started to predict situations in my head about what I should do or say when I see him tomorrow. I always want to be careful about what I say because I want to give celebrities their space. I'm going to try my best to stay calm and relaxed because he probably gets tired of fans always screaming in his face. If I be casual, then he'll be more relaxed, hopefully. I don't want to come off as "just another fan girl" or "annoying media person". This is my chance to make a good first impression. Who knows, maybe we could end up as friends or something. That will probably never happen though. Well, whatever happens, I just hope he turns out as the adorable humble guy I think he is. It will be such a disappointment if he's like all the other cocky celebrities. Trust me, I've met a lot of those. I've heard he has an eccentric personality and a witty sense of humor. I love people who are like that. People who are not afraid of being different. It makes me have more confidence in myself and shows that I shouldn't worry so much about what other people think of me.

"Kendra, are you ready to go to lunch?" Elowyn asked.

"Yeah, let's go" I replied.

Wow, that was fast. Time always seems to go by faster when I'm focused.

There's a cafeteria in the next building we usually go to. I love it. They have a big selection of food and the atmosphere is more up-scale so it doesn't feel like the normal cafeteria that everyone dreads to go to. I bought a BLT sandwich and Elowyn got a Greek salad. The sandwich tasted so good, better than normal. It's probably because I'm really hungry so of course everything is going to taste great. Then I realized I didn't have breakfast. No wonder I'm so hungry. After Elowyn and I ate lunch, I texted my boyfriend, Brent, about working with Robert Downey Jr.

Brent: <"isn't he that druggie that was in and out of jail for the longest time?">

Me: <"yeah, but I love his acting skills"

Brent: <"I never liked him. But I will say he did a good job in that movie Chaplin">

Well..that didn't go as well as I thought it would be. Whatever, that's his opinion. Elowyn and I headed back to the studio. For the rest of the day, I set up the props and got everything ready for tomorrow. Once it was time to go, El and I left the building, got in my car, and headed home to relax.

"So are you gonna dream about your new boyfriend?" Elowyn asked with an evil grin.

"Shut up!" I quickly responded out of embarrassment. "....ok ,maybe. If I'm even able to go to sleep. Tomorrow can't come fast enough."

I laid in bed for another hour fantasizing about what could happen. I glanced over at the clock and it showed 11:30pm. Ugh, it's getting late. I have to go to bed! I decided to grab a book and start reading it. I hate reading, but it does make me sleepy. In about 15 minutes, I was knocked out.