Chapter 3-Meeting Robert

The next morning, I sprung out of bed once I heard the first beep from my alarm. I walked to my closet to pick out the best outfit I have. I decided on a loose white long sleeve blouse and a pair of skinny jeans with a few small rips in them on purpose. Also, a pair of white Hi-Tops shoes. I made sure to get up earlier today so then I will have enough time to do my hair and make up. I'm thankful that I have Elowyn to help me out. I hate doing make up. I only do it for special occasions. After El finished my makeup, she examined me and said in a fancy accent, "You look marvelous darling."

"Haha, thanks! You're the best!"

Then we headed out the door and drove off to Cinema.

As I walked down the hallway toward my studio, my boss poked his head out of his office, saw me, and said "Perfect timing! Robert should be here any minute now. Get ready."

"Will do sir" I replied as I passed him.

I entered my studio and set my bags down next to my desk that's near the door. A couple minutes later, I hear a knock on the side of the door and a familiar voice say "Are you Kendra?"

I turned around and I see Robert standing in the doorway. His styled messy hair, stubble, and warm brown eyes makes him look amazing. I greeted him and said, "Yes, it's a pleasure to meet you" as calm as I could.

"Nice to meet you to. So, what do you want me to do?"

"Well, to start, you can go next door and Elowyn will help you get ready for the shoot".

As he walked into the other room, I starting going crazy on the inside. I just wanted to run up to him and kiss him, but I know I shouldn't. I have to keep telling myself that I already have a boyfriend. Plus, if he found out, he would be so pissed. Once I calmed down, Robert walked back into my studio. One of the props I got is a baby grand piano because I know he likes to play. Plus, I want my clients to be comfortable because then the pictures will looks more natural. I hate fake smiles and poses. It ruins pictures. I told Robert "Go play the piano."

"ok, sounds easy enough".

At first, he played bits and pieces from different songs to get warmed up. Then he started to play one of the songs from his album, The Futurist. I recognized the tune right away because I listen to his album all the time. His voice is so relaxing.

"I love this song. Man Like Me, right?" I asked.

"Yep, Good ears."

I hummed along while I took pictures. After the song finished, Robert asked, "Do you wanna try a duet?"

"Sure, what song?"

"Do you know 'Every Breath You Take'?"

"Of course, it's like a classic."

"Ok, great. I'll start off."

When he started singing, I couldn't stop thinking about how amazing his voice is. It's even better in person! For a couple minutes, we sang together and I danced around the room acting like I was a rockstar at a concert. We shared a few laughs, of course. I looked so silly doing that. Then lunch time came around and I asked Robert, "Wanna grab some lunch?"

"Are you asking me on a date already?"

"No!.. Wait, what?!"

"I'm teasing, don't worry. I do that to everyone. I love people's reactions. Yeah, I'll go. I'm hungry."

During lunch, we talked about our lives and random stuff. I heard my phone beep so I looked at it and noticed Elowyn texted me.

< "hey! where are you?" >

Oh crap! We've been talking for over an hour! Normally, when I come with El, we only stay for a half hour at most.

"As much as I would love to keep talking, we have to get back to the studio." I told Robert.

"Awww, do we have to?" He whined. It's so adorable how he can act like a little kid.

Right after we arrived back at the studio, El walks in and says "What in the world took you guys so long?"

"Sorry, lost track of time." I replied.

I walked toward my camera that is sitting on a tripod and motioned Robert to come stand in front. I told him to do something silly, but that ended up being a bad idea because after a few pictures, we couldn't stop laughing. Then, one thing lead to another and soon enough, all three of us were standing in a circle talking again until the end of the day. As far as getting work done, it was a waste of time, but to me, it's worth every minute. It was so fun! As the three of us walked out of the building and headed to our cars, Robert says "so, same thing tomorrow?"

"Yep, see you then."

After Elowyn and I arrived home, I pulled out my phone to text Brent.

Me: <"want to come over?">

Brent: <"sure. I'll be there in a few mintutes.">

Then, for a few hours, we talked about how our days have been. I tried not to talk about Robert too much because of what Brent said earlier. Plus, he gets jealous sometimes when I hang out with other guys. It annoys me though because I feel more comfortable talking with guys than girls. They're less drama and more down to earth. Soon, it was getting late so Brent left and Elowyn and I got ready for bed.
_____________________

So what do you think so far? Please vote and comment. 5 comments = new chapter! Thanks